Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-05, 08:46 PM   #1

Default i need help

hey i live on a canal and there are bass and sucker fish and catfish i have lived on it for 7 months but i have yet to even get a nibble if u can tell me anything about wut kind of biat to use and how thank u
Old 04-15-05, 08:55 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: i need help

first off, join the board, then, use punctuation. we need more specifics. water clarity, temp, cover, etc, etc... then, you need to find out what fish you want to target. bass,catfish? dont even worry about those sucker fish.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 09:30 PM   #3

clear, 75 degreese, lily pads and see weed grassy stuff, bass are more targeted for me
Old 04-15-05, 10:13 PM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

What have you tried? In thise conditions my first inclination would be a soft jerkbait like a Zoom Super Fluke ot a Senko type bait like a Tiki Stick.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-05, 03:23 PM   #5

i have tried bread, hotdogs, spinners.the ones with 6 hooks i have tried jus about everything
Old 04-16-05, 03:37 PM   #6
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

bread, and hotdogs :P not for bass. for bass if you go with live, use worms or shad. what is a spinner with 6 hooks? do you mean a spinnerbait with 6 trailor hooks? if thats the case, lose the 6 hooks, stick with the main hook and 1 trailor hook if that. i rarely use a trailor hooks. but they will save you fish. i would go to walmart, and look at the fishing section. get soft plastics, like tiki dipstiks in redbug/chartruse tip. also, zoom trick worms in redbug or black. try all the soft plastics in lillies and grass. t-rig them so they will be weedless. that way you wont get hung up. i would also go weightless. or maybe a small bullet weight. also, try a buzzbait right thru the lillies. and spinnerbaits thru both. and try crankbaits thru all of it to. good luck.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-05, 04:23 PM   #7
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

you need more help than we can give you...lol
if you're at all serious you would register with the board.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-05, 04:40 PM   #8
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

kenan, most of us use lures only. Sounds like you are just getting started, so here is a great link that can help point you in the right direction:

http://www.bassresource.com/beginner/beginner.html
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-05, 05:29 PM   #9
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

those hotdogs n bread will get ya "mr buglelips" around here lol[img] http://www.gsmarina.com/nev%20%20carp.jpg [/img]
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-05, 06:38 PM   #10

check out your local tackle store!ask for tips on baits,tackle,techniques,etc.that local anglers are using.they are usually quite a bit more informative than "wally world" good luck
Old 04-16-05, 06:53 PM   #11
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

you have to fish on bottom for the type of fish your looking for! If there is a swift current where you are try tying a large bolt on you line 3 feet away from the bait any thing works good for what your after a large ball of worms,cornmeal,bread balls,meatballs ect... just leave it on bottom and then it's a waiting game these are no game fish so the action will not happen till you hook one so be prepared to wait a while. Cause the fish feel around with the barbs on there face so it takes awhile for them to find their food.

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.