Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-05, 03:03 PM   #1
LilDreamer
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LilDreamer
Default Tackle organized

Heres what i got i just got back from a trip to BPS and the bait monkey was on my back now i have 300 dollars worth of new tackle and im trying to figure out where to put it all. I would like to see some pictures of yall's tackle boxes to get a better idea how to get all my new stuff organized and put away, if anyone has any pictures could you please post them on here.
Thanks
Ken
LilDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-05, 05:17 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Tackle organized

hey LA......i know this great spot in my room for them ;D just send it over.... ;D i'll see if i can get a pic of my tackle bag....but it changes everytime i go out.....i have multiple plano 3600 filled with lures.....so depending on where i go...i just throw what i need in...and im off 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-05, 07:52 PM   #3
LilDreamer
BassFishin.Com Member

bassfisher02 Ill be sure to get that stuff in the mail right away but first i need 300 dollars plus shipping lol ;D I forgot to mention i also have another bag that holds 6 smaller boxes. I just wanna try to keep all of my stuff together if possible. But i think i just might have to much stuff to do that without buying a bigger bag or a boat!
Ken
Old 06-19-05, 09:35 PM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

I've finally settled on 2 ways of storing my stuff. Â*For hard baits I use 3600s that I label by either color or type of bait-topwaters, suspending jerkbaits, traps etc. Â*For lipped cranks I label them by color-shad, crawfish, blue/chartreuse, etc. Â*For buzzbaits I use the Falcon Buzzbait box, and for soft plastics and spinnerbaits I use worm binders that I can put a label on the outside separated by bait type-worms, lizards, craws, etc. Â*I do not use the rings that hold the bags in place-I can fit more bags in it not using the rings. Â*And I have a bunch of those. Having a boat makes it easier to carry a bunch of stuff, but if I am not going to be fishing out of my boat I use one of these:

I can fit everything I'll need in it. In theory ;D.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-05, 09:45 PM   #5
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i have 2 bags one a vandam 3700 pro bag holds 6 3700's and has pockets on the end which are always full. and a flw 3600 bag which i use for my plastic's only. i have a bunch of 3700 and 3600 boxes which i can just switch out the tackle boxes inside the bags.

organized tackle is much easier than having to hunt thru piles of baits just thrown here and there. al though i normally aint a neat freak i am when it comes to tackle. i know 2 guys who oganization skills need to be improved-one of them is on this board.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-05, 09:55 PM   #6
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

well...im not gunna fool with pics....but i'll explain what i do....now im mostly a shore fisherman...so what i do is go a day or 2 to whereever im gunna fish and look at the water clarity....structure/cover, and feel the water tip...then i piece together a game plan...then go home and put it into my tackle bag....i have a tackle bag that holds 3 3600or 3900....not sure whaich it is...im think 3900 cause it looks a bit bigger i think then the 3600.....i have one with the hard baits 'll be using...i only take the ones i know that i need....then the other box has jigs and jig trailors.....then the other box has all my soft plastics..... 8) then there is a small little box on the outside that holds all my hooks, weights, etc. now i can carry it with ease while walking around.....when im on the boat...i bring again whatever im gunna need...but more of it....in the case i cant look at the place im gunna fish before hand...i bring my all around tackle which is really composed of lures and colors that work in all water....but usually i can have a safe bet the water wont be to clear down here in florida....on second thought i guess i'll take some pics and post them in a bit.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 12:13 AM   #7
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983

When I fish from shore I wear a trout vest. Lots of pockets and space to carry whatever I figure I'll need. Sometimes I'll also wear a waist belt that has pockets for items. With these two I can carry about 30 bags of plastics (if I really need them) and in the big pocket in the back of the vest i can slip 2 small plastic boxes to hold lures. In my boat I throw more than I'll ever use in one day.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 12:28 AM   #8
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

usually carry a flat of softs and another flat of hards. Have all my spinners and buzzers in their own container. Most of my tackle is in the display drawer of the tackle box and my bags of soft plastics are busting at the seems of the box. Will be purchasing a tackle bag just to carry flats next. I've broken too many boxes from overstuffing it.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 05:39 PM   #9
Tm_Customs

I have about 80 plano 360-70's and I will just take the ones I need. That is what I use for hardbaits for soft baits I use a tackle bider and keep them in there original bags.
Old 06-21-05, 12:24 AM   #10
FishinMommy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FishinMommy

I have a green FLW bag and it has four 3600 planos in it and I have3 filled with my worms and one with my cranks and hooks and weights and then I use the worm binder bags at the top and ziper compartments for spinnerbaits. ;D
FishinMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 09:35 PM   #11
LilDreamer
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks yall sounds like some good ideas im also looking at a Falcon bag, now i really need a new bag when i was trying to zip it up the bags ripped in a couple of places.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.