Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-05, 10:42 PM   #1
virg4x4
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to virg4x4
Default Pond fishing ?

I went pond fishing two days, my buddy threw everything at them and nothing, i noticed the pond water was warm, but stilll nothing we casted top water jigs and rubber worms, still nothing, due you think maybe the bass where way down low or what, any suggestions on what to use or anything, i would appreciate any ideas. thanks alot.

thanks
virg4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-05, 10:43 PM   #2
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman
Default Re: Pond fishing ?

In the ponds i fish here they are usually deep at the center of the pond Depending on the size of the pond you need some type of small flotation ie. jon boat, conoe, kayak or even a fisherman float (not good here in florida, Gators EEK)!
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-05, 11:47 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Is there any cover in the pond? If there is that is where to fish. If there is a lot, try to fish where 2 different kinds of cover come together. Don't get discouraged, though. There are those days when nothing will work, and we all have them.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-05, 11:54 PM   #4
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983

Try to match the forage of the pond. If there are bluegill use blue tubes texas rigged or blue/black senko type worms. Be careful when approaching the pond so as not to alert the bass. As Rebbasser said try the cover.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 01:34 PM   #5
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

topwater always worked for me on a pond. try crankbaits.
Old 06-20-05, 04:32 PM   #6
hershey
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to hershey

Try wieghtless rigged tikis and t-rigged tubes with realy light weights and zoom super flukes near shallow cover.
Use crankbaits and c-rigged worms in deeper water. Try both and find out where the fish are, but they will usaully be near shallow cover. If you are looking for the big bass look for the areas with the most cover and throw the biggest senko type bait you can find on the edge of it.
hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 10:24 PM   #7
bigman15
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigman15

This works well in the ponds I fish okay...

First get ready to get wet. Go out as far as you can. and then cast back as parallel to the shore as you can. and then fan cast out till you make your way around the other side. If i you can fish points like this, this is a very productive method of fishing. Make as little noise as possible. Dont drive your vehicle down to the bank. Park about 100yrds away, and walk. Get about 15ft from the bank and make a blind cast. Then work your way closer to the waters edge. If you do decide to get wet, be slow about getting into the water, once your in. Take a few moments to assess what you got to work with... IE....cover, points grass etc. And this gives an opportunity to let everything settle back down. And dont throw everything in the box. Make sure you use what your comfortable with, and work it thorough, through and through. If that don't work, then try new things. Rememeber, if your fishing a certain speed, and they don't bite, adjust the speed and give it another cast, and keep adjusting until they start hitting. Again, this is what works on my ponds. Good luck man, i hope this helps.
bigman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 10:28 PM   #8
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

^^^^ if in the south...watch for gators 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 10:29 PM   #9
bigman15
BassFishin.Com Member

Havent seen one yet

and I'm in the heart of the south
Old 06-20-05, 10:34 PM   #10
bigman15
BassFishin.Com Member

BTW, find a small bag to keep tackle in. An old school fanny pack will work great. Keeps everything close aond quite. So you dont disturb the little fishies.
Old 06-20-05, 10:35 PM   #11
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

come down here...they are a regular occurance in our lakes.......i have had them come within 5' of me....and i have seen them sunbathing on the banks of some ponds i fish......now you wont to know a crazy man....hula would be him...the joker decides to wade thru lake jesup :-X ;D theres 13,000+ gators in that lake.....and its not that big of a lake either.....im not worried about gators...but in jessup i beleive there is a gator every 20' 8) its crazy...but i have swam in alot of lakes here.....im not gunna swim in jessup tho.....
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.