Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-05, 06:22 PM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default light-line elimination tourny?

well i was reading the newspaper today, the sports section. and like i always do i look in the back page for anything about fishing. well today they were talking about this guy Ray Scott wanting to stage a light line tournament. he says ''that watching fishing shows are boring'' and '' who wants to watch a guy pull a 1 1/2 lb bass out and go fish for another one''. i dont know why he says it is boring, its actually fun to watch. so he says that he wants to stage a light line tourny and take the 12 top pros from the west, and 12 from the east(east of the rocky mountains) and put them in 2 man teams where only 4lb test is allowed. this tourny would take place on a 55 acre lake at Ray Scotts house in alabama. so, whats everybodies opinion on the idea?
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 06:32 PM   #2
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Re: light-line elimination tourny?

Its a free country, he can do it if he wants to.

Ray Scott has been promoting light line for a little while now. He has reached a point in his fishing where I'm sure he wants to refine his methods and sportsmanship - so light line and rods are what he goes to. Its a bit like a mid-life crises, many turn to flyfishing the same way.

And for the record, most fishing shows are boring unless I'm familiar with the area they are fishing.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 06:36 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i can watch any fishing shows and not get bored by them. the only time i get bored by them, or dont watch them is when they are fishing for a fish i dont really care to watch, or i dont like the way the show, or if i have something else to do.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 09:54 PM   #4
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

where do ya sign up? an oppertunity to fish one of his lakes is not one you want to pass up. I'm all for it, after all, the sciences these days that goes into fishing gear, particularly line, does make it easy to land the fish, and frankly, landing the fish is part of the sport. A 3 lbs fish can easily break 6 lbs test even in open waters. These braided lines just make it too easy, even big fish in big weeds are no match for some of the braids. A light line tourney would help the sport.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.