Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-04, 05:55 AM   #1
TonyNucci
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TonyNucci
Default Help me buy lures please

Hi all

Found this site a few days ago and have been reading a lot of posts since then - great site!

Have fished bass only socially so far, but would now like to take it a bit more serious. I stay in a fairly small town and I'm going to the city this weekend and while im there want to buy some lures. Have about $100 to spend in your terms (I'm from South Africa). I currently own (dont laugh) Watermelon Super Flukes and a Black Fury small spinner. Thats it, well i caught small bass with both in a pond nearby...

My provisional shopping list looks something like this after studying this site and a few bass articles. Please comment on something to add or on my questions - will appreciate any help.

- Spinnerbaits (best brand and colour?)
- Buzzbaits (brand?)
- Flukes, Brushhog (colour to start with?)
- Deadringers (colour?)
- Lizards (colour?)
- Top Water Baits (I need help here, saw the names Zara Spook and poppers - dont even know what they are)
- Hard baits (can get Rapala's and Rebel but there are so many different ones, if i can afford about 5 which ones would u recommend)
- Any other I should give a try?

TonyNucci is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.