Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-05, 03:58 AM   #1
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass
Default Been Working on my Floating Bug

I took a Kinami Baits Nories Bug and a white and orange styrofome bobber and modified them in a way to give the appearance of a BIG BUG THAT FLOATS AND CAN BE CASTED! If you haven't seen a Nories Bug before, it has a very slim senko (after all kinami is owned by yamamoto) type mid section, yet has two very long and slim antenae along with what appear to be a resemblance of a crawfish pincher coming out the head of the body, and at the tail end of the very slim sinko type body were stubby legs with lotsa action. I pulled the crawfish pincher paddle things off to help bouancy and slim down the profile to allow it to resemble a bug. I then cut slits into the body of the bait and inserted cut pieces of the aforementioned bobber. I put two somewhat small pieces of the styrofoam bobber into the slits and melted them in place. The result, a bait that is floating and should be able to cast 50 feet if not more on the right tackle. This would have done the trick on that fish that's been taunting me. Hopefully he's still there nextime I go. I'll take pics of the end product soon.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.