Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-05, 07:01 PM   #1
BassGizmo
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassGizmo
Default Got totally lost in the fog

I went to lake clarke (susquehanna river) today to hunt ducks. it was kinda foggy at my home so i figured it would be great hunting. I got out in the river and pretty much got lost. I couldn't see 40 feet in front of me. I fooled around for about a half hour till i finally found a shoreline. i knew i was never at that spot before. I wasn't sure if i was up towards wrightsville or down near the dam. the water was moving somewhat fast. I knew they had several flood gates open. I anckored and took and slim chance that someone would be in the area. i yelled a couple of times. and to my suprise someone heard me. they told me my location. I think i ended up down near a small road that comes down by a few houses. I was about a mile above the dam. I thanked the unknown person for his help and i headed up the west shore to the launch. Man, I was glad to be back. I must have been going in circles. It was a scary deal. The main thing i was concerned with was the dam. I didn't want to get anywhere near that dangerous area. I did hear the roar of water a one point so i headed the other direction in a hurry. I would have been fine if i would have had a compase along but of course i didn't. fog can really screw up your sence of dirction.
I was very lucky that man was out there. I was one lucky person today

there is a lesson learned here. when its that foggy stay of large lakes. or atleast stay near shorelines.
BassGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.