Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-05, 05:57 PM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default GOOD NEWS!!!!

I WENT FISHIN'!!!!!!!!! Â* lol.

went out to a golf coarse today...and had 4 fish. i first started out using a chartruese strike king bleeding bait tube.....first cast....and had a fish on....then got him close and he jumped and was gone :P looked about 2lbs.....(BTW...i didnt have my scale.....so i guessed what the fish weights were...and i guessed under.....no fish tales here) then i keep fishin that with no luck, so i switch to a blue neon color......no takers. then i switched over to some of the ghost baits i got....had one on the alligator type lookin bait(dont remember the name) and didnt set the hook :-/ then i switched to the extremely long worm i got(looked 10-12'') and had some hits with no takers. then switched to the blue/light blue tiki dipstik and got a nice 2 1/2 lb'er. then another 1lb'er. then the bite got slow with that...so i got out those 4'' edge lures i picked up in N.C. they are small senko type baits(in green pumkin)....and 20 for $3 is hard to beat! first cast out was a sorry cast so i thought...i began reelin it in when 'WHAM'!!! Â*nice fish hit it....got her in and im saying 5 1/2lbs! then with a clean release i wasnt gettin nothin...so i move to a new pond.....work a tree that when i first started fishin this golf coarse a few months ago i got a 9lb'er off.....i switched to a green pumkin tiki dipstik and had a nice fish on but she got off. then.....i hooked into an extremely nice bass! finally got her in...and with out over estimating....an easy 7lbs. this bass was definitly 23-24'' or more. with a belly of a melon! i have pictures of the 2lb bass i caught on the tiki dipstik...the 5 1/2lb'er i caught with those edge worms...right as i hooked into that 7lb bass...my dad came over and when i got her in i told him to take a picture of me and the bass....on my camera phone.....with him being technologically challenged...and with the glare he said he couldnt see where the pic was....so he just snapped a shot...and it ended up being my feet :'( so i didnt get a pic of that bass......so i dont know if anyone will believe me...but i have pulled fish of this nature out before......so here are the pics:

the 2lb'er:
[img width=90 height=90]http://photobucket.com/albums/y88/baller43091/th_74809298437_60.jpg[/img]

the 5lb'er(both pics....same fish)
[img width=90 height=90]http://photobucket.com/albums/y88/baller43091/th_74809193733_60.jpg[/img]

[img width=90 height=90]http://photobucket.com/albums/y88/baller43091/th_74809391621_60.jpg[/img]

**sorry for the bad pics, there from my camera phone...i had to resize them. im gunna bring along a digital camera from now on so they are clearer 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-05, 06:08 PM   #2
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fastcat
Default Re: GOOD NEWS!!!!

Sounds like you had a good day. I'm just about to go crazy. I havent been fishing since I went to the fishin' club( about three weeks ago). Hopefully I will go this weekend. I hope I go to that club again cause I found the right bass pond on the last 30 minutes and had three bites and caught 2 fish.
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-05, 06:14 PM   #3
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

BF02,
were those tubes wieghted or un wieghted?
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-05, 06:27 PM   #4
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

both....check your PM's 8)
Old 06-13-05, 06:34 PM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

oh yeah, i also tried the bassinnator and those 4'' powerworms liz sent me with no avail.....altho i had a hit on the powerworms. BTW, the bass were definitly in the post spawn pattern.....bunch of smallfry between 5-9'' swimming around....and all of the bigger bass were caught in deeper water(4-5') so if there is anyone fishin around the central florida area....they are in the post spawn pattern....look for them deeper.....and they are hittin topwater as well(shoulda threw a popr :-/)
Old 06-13-05, 06:40 PM   #6
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

Try a whiz bang ;D
Old 06-13-05, 06:42 PM   #7
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

you are all over the whiz bang since that PM i sent you ;D....calm down or someone might catch on ;D
Old 06-13-05, 06:48 PM   #8
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

10-4
Old 06-13-05, 08:34 PM   #9
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

sounds like a great day. maybe i should try to fish a golf coarse.
Old 06-13-05, 09:29 PM   #10
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

they are great...but when you go more northern the fishin on them kinda slacks of...or sucks for lack of a better word, on golf coarses. but you can give it a shot. 8)
Old 06-15-05, 06:49 PM   #11
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman

I thought there was no such thing as a Whiz Bang But if there is can i pick it up at my local walmart BF in Casselberry or on Colonial I noticed the both have dif. stuff so which one stocks it???
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 07:32 PM   #12
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

of coarse there is a suchj thing is the whiz bang....

you have a PM
Old 06-16-05, 09:28 AM   #13
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

BF02 which golf course was this?? Just wondering im not gonna steal ur fishin hole! I play golf too so i was just wondering!
Old 06-16-05, 02:16 PM   #14
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

im not worried about tellin it to anyone......you wont be able to get in without knowin somebody there anyway 8) its the heathrow golf coarse 8) home of chris di'marco 8) its got about amillion lakes ;D the GC ids huge....so you have about 50 ponds....and there are lakes in the area if you go back into the community some......they are surrounded with woods, so its good fishin 8) if you guys ever want to fish it i can get you in
Old 06-16-05, 02:22 PM   #15
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Get us in to golf or fish i would love to do both on that course Â*;D

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.