Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-11, 05:37 PM   #1
keviheit
BassFishin.Com Member

Default What am i doing wrong?

I just started fishing on Lake Altoona and have not had much luck with catching anything. The water is 85 degrees and been fishing for hybrids, spots or striper. The water can be 100 feet deep and I can cast on to shore on spots. In the morning I see fish busting on the surface but can’t seem to get anything to bite. After 9 A.M the fish have pretty much stop busting the surface. Any advice???
keviheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-11, 08:33 PM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Spro dog 100,after 9am fish humps by creek mouths,south end and mid lake being more productive.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-11, 10:31 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

look up BOB SMITH. he is a great fella and can tell oyu EXACTLY waht to do on that lake pal. he is a moderator for the lakes site, sorry forgot the name of it. lake altoona.com or something lie that. he is on here as well. go to members list and look him up. send him a pm and he'll get you the answers you need buddy.
Old 06-14-11, 10:44 AM   #4
bigbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigbasser
Default web site

It's ( www.allatoonabass.proboards.com ). bigbasser
bigbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 01:32 PM   #5
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by keviheit View Post
I just started fishing on Lake Altoona and have not had much luck with catching anything. The water is 85 degrees and been fishing for hybrids, spots or striper. The water can be 100 feet deep and I can cast on to shore on spots. In the morning I see fish busting on the surface but can’t seem to get anything to bite. After 9 A.M the fish have pretty much stop busting the surface. Any advice???
If you are talking about Lake Allatoona, just north of Atlanta, GA? The hybrid bite was good for the last couple of weeks early in the morning and right before total sunset. This past week the action has slowed considerably. This full moon coming on has most of the daytime activity (along with the thousands of boaters in the daytime) slowing down, a LOT! I hosted a night tournament out of the Bartow County Ramp last saturday night (7PM till 2AM Sunday Morn). The night bite is definitely the better bass bite. 1st place was 11.81 lbs with a 7.27 lb kicker fish. It took 10.08 just to get paid and there were 5 fish over 3 pounds weighed in (which is really good on Allatoona, with the exception of the 7.27 Largemouth , the rest were all spotted bass).
You can find me on www.allatoonabass.com (Tritonmike's website) or on my website www.porkostournaments.info, I am also a longtime moderator on the Texas Fishing Forum www.texasfishingforum.com

John, I am thinking about a Saturday night trip on the pads this weekend. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 06-14-11, 06:08 PM   #6
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

THERE IS THE MAN!!! LISTEN TO HTIS MAN BUDDY, HE KNOWS FISHING!!

bob, i got so many things going on right now man, i can't see straight,lol. having my family come up for a fish fry this saturday so i may not be able to go ANYWWHERE this weekend. and i still got some work to do around here for a while. but please post up the pics. oyu know how we ALL love seeing oyur catches.
Old 06-14-11, 06:34 PM   #7
keviheit
BassFishin.Com Member

Yea that’s the lake I am talking about I have been out on it the last 3 weekend and on the water at by 6 A.M Have been going in at Red Top and fishing off the points on the main channel just north of that. I have been throwing Jr. Spook bone and silver. Rebel's Pop-R plus Blue/Silver, and Try the pumpkin jig. Not sure if I’m fishing the wrong part of the lake or if what I’m throwing is wrong.

Good job with the catch!!!

Last edited by keviheit; 06-14-11 at 07:25 PM.
keviheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 11:10 PM   #8
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by keviheit View Post
Yea that’s the lake I am talking about I have been out on it the last 3 weekend and on the water at by 6 A.M Have been going in at Red Top and fishing off the points on the main channel just north of that. I have been throwing Jr. Spook bone and silver. Rebel's Pop-R plus Blue/Silver, and Try the pumpkin jig. Not sure if I’m fishing the wrong part of the lake or if what I’m throwing is wrong.

Good job with the catch!!!
timing is everything with 'Toona'. fishing is during the daytime (even early morning is just plain downright TOUGH right now. I fished the Nutter's one fish Wonder tonight and had that went 3 and change. Got beat out by a feller with a high 4 pounder.All of our fish came out of the back of secondary creek pockets and shallow water. All Largemouth this time. The big spots and big largemouth WILL come up on the mainlake points around midnight and stay up till about 3 AM before slowing back down. Check out the websites I told you about. Another site that gets a few hits is the www.deadseamafia.com site.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.