Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-05, 12:15 AM   #1
FishinMommy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FishinMommy
Default Summer Reading List

Why the H#ll do we have to do this. Can't they give it a break
FishinMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 01:12 AM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Summer Reading List

what grade are you in? i had to do it in 7th...not this year tho 8) heres what you can do....this is cheating...but you can get more fishin time in....go to gradesaver.com or spark notes and find a book, any book...then get the summary and answer the ?'s that come with it...i have had to do book reports and used gradesaver and got it done in 30 minutes 8) it may be cheatin...but seriously how is reading a book gunna help you in the future(unless its a knowledge book, a non fiction book) but everyother fiction book wont help you....so i just use gradesaver.....go to classic notes at the top of the page...then click opn classic notes by title and find any book....i would pick a popular book because it has alot of info on it. 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 02:49 AM   #3
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fastcat

Seriously dude! I thought summer was suppose to be a time to get away from school! Summer is so short here in Alabama and I got to read two damn books. One is so big that it would take me a month to read it. The other would take me about half a month. Thats reading an hour a day. Then they had to go and make us write a damn summary of every chapter. Summer here is only about two months, that two months I want to relax because I am going to be so stressed out next year it aint funny. I have to take all advanced classes and on topof that I am going to be a Freshman. cant they give us a break ??? :'( :'( >
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 06:08 AM   #4
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

We dont have to, i took general classes instead of the college prep ones. If i did have to I wouldnt ;D
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 08:13 AM   #5
FishinMommy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FishinMommy

Okay i have to read a 6oo page book and i don't think sparknotes will help me on this one but I know what you are talking about. Then I have to read two other 300 page books and write a paragraph on those after each chapter. i have to turn this crap in and then i have to take a test on the book when I get back. i will be a junior in highschool. I go to a college preperatory jesuit school where they can be pretty hard on this stuff.
FishinMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 11:18 AM   #6
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Gee kids, don't you guys know that reading is FUNdaMENTAL!!!

PS, don't try to read 1 hour a day - read 6 hours a day and you will build up momentum and get it all done in a half week. I'm reading atlas shrugged right now and flying through it cause I have a lot of spare time at work, but if I devoted just 1 hour a day to it I'd never finish. After this I think I will read Moby Dick for good measure.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 11:45 AM   #7
GotBass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to GotBass

it's ebst to become proficient in reading any kind of books, in all kinds of styles. once u hit college, all u will be doing is researching fiction AND non fiction. and the science books and math books are all written in long words etc. if you don't get good at reading and pronouncing big words and increasing your vocabulary, college will be extremely hard.

i used to use sparknotes and that stuff in HS, but now in college, it's a lot different and a lot harder. prepare yourself now so you don't have to struggle later. it's a pain, but u'll thank yourself down the road.

also... summer isn't time to relax... it's time to work. relax when you're retired. make money now, then u can shut your bait monkey up!! ;D ;D ;D
Old 06-16-05, 12:58 PM   #8
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman

Im with Gbalfod Yeah im working all summer! School and money work so I can also relax during College or after it and so I can graduate as a Junior and just fish a year that i shouldve been a Senior then go to College and Join the military!!!
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 02:59 PM   #9
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

I only have to read one book this summer!

However I also have to:

1. Find and read 10 poems by the same author, annotate (mark-up) the poems, then write my own in response to it (same style as author)

2. Attend a play and write a review

3. Rent a foreign film (not english) with subtitles and write a page long review

The book I read is Alice in Wonderland, wooo. AP english summer fun.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 03:01 PM   #10
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

summer really sucks for you guys....all i have to worry about is making money with my grandpa and cousins...then headin to the suwwannee after work 8) life at its best.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.