Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-05, 01:57 AM   #1
crankbait-nate
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to crankbait-nate
Default crawfish question

OK being a newbie ive never bought anything that =needed assambly, just tie it on and throw it .Well i got one of those yum crawdad kits. Differnt size and color soft plastic dads, some yum cent and 4 jig heads. But no pic or instructions on how to rigg them.SO how do you guys do it ? use the head that came with it or gets some better hooks ?
thanks for the help!! cityboy !!
crankbait-nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 02:05 AM   #2
ALAN_RAMSEY
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ALAN_RAMSEY
Default Re: crawfish question

well welcome to the forume do ya have a web site or picture i can look @ them to tell ya. Â*
I'm not familure to much with kits and stuff Â*I mostly just buy by the packages and texas or carolina rig everything rubber.
The only time i use jig heads are with tubes "sometimes" and smaller rubber jigs Â*or football jig heads with spider grubs. need a littel more info on the type of structure fishing and species to get you started.... Â* Â*
ALAN_RAMSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 10:02 AM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=cityboy link=board=news;num=1107752237;start=0#0 date=02/06/05 at 23:57:17]OK being a newbie ive never bought anything that =needed assambly, just tie it on and throw it .Well i got one of those yum crawdad kits. Differnt size and color soft plastic dads, some yum cent and 4 jig heads. But no pic or instructions on how to rigg them.SO how do you guys do it ? use the head that came with it or gets some better hooks ?
thanks for the help!! cityboy !![/quote]

I always fish them hooked throught the tail, with the claws dangling out. I always rig it weedless, just like a texas rig. The jigheads they give you are fine, not great, but they will work. When You buy your next batch, just buy the jig-heads seperate, or I mostly will just use a standard wide gap offset hook, with a bullet weight pegged, instead of the weighted jig heads. And I believe you'll be buying more, I really like the YUM brand, especially there crawdads, which are truly realistic. Anyway rig it just like you do any t-rigged bait. I prefer to fish them around rocks, but they work anywhere. Just replenish the scent every so often on the bait. Some folks spray it about everytime, I usually spray it about every 5-6 casts if I'm not catching much. Go catch some Hawgs.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 11:03 AM   #4
zooker___________.
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zooker___________.

the Eakins Jig is a great craw, never tried yum. Yesterday I did buy these red crawfish that look incredible there made by Storm, also bought a holographic soft plastic crank made by storm. figure I give them a try. but those crawfish look real.
zooker___________. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 11:29 AM   #5
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

Sorry. The only thing I use craws for are jig trailers.

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 12:00 PM   #6
crankbait-nate
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to crankbait-nate

Thanks LIZARDS i just didnt look at them that close. They are hollowed out thats what threw me = now i understand the head goes in the hollowed out part . MY hands wernt (clean) so i didnt want to mess with them easer to ask the right way. THANKS !
crankbait-nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 12:42 PM   #7
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

UNCLE LIZ,

You say that you always use "wide gay hooks", are you trying to tell us something???

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 02:10 PM   #8
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=JackL link=board=news;num=1107752237;start=0#6 date=02/07/05 at 10:42:16]UNCLE LIZ,

You say that you always use "wide gay hooks", are you trying to tell us something???

JackL[/quote]

As soon as I saw you posted on this I was wondering how you would get me this time Yeah misspelled it good didn't I, it was supposed to be GAP, not gay, I'll go fix it right now. LMAO

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.