Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-04, 12:47 AM   #1
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261
Default Night fishing........

Ok my fellow inchlings!

Night fishing: Â* Any of you guy's/gal's do any night fishing.?

Was reading an article in a mag about night fishing bass.
It said that bass are also active Â*at night and might even be more active.!

If this is the case and is the case you fish at night,or know about it. Do you have to use the glow in the dark lure coating,or does O'L bucket mouth see good in the dark with his[glow=red,2,300]ZOOKER[/glow]vision.?

Or would live bait be good in this application, I'm on a need to know basis, and right now I need to know .!

Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*Thanks as always Â*Robby.[color=Red][/
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-04, 12:50 AM   #2
bassguy2004

Default Re: Night fishing........

Rob, I've never tried the glow in the dark stuff, and I do alot of night fishing. Dark big baits and noisy baits. Baits that move alot of water. Something that the bass can use its lateral line to locate the lure.
Old 08-11-04, 12:59 AM   #3
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

To be honest, the only nightfishing I've done in the past has been without any lights at all. So basically it involves me stumbling around creeks and banks in the dark, throwing dummy baits for extremly active bass.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-04, 01:10 AM   #4
spidey04
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to spidey04

I usually take a lantern if On shore, and put Tin foil on one side. That way, I can have light to walk, but don't cast the light directly onto the water.
The nice thing about night fishing is that the BIG fish seem to come in VERY shallow, or at least in my experience. so I find a lure that I parallel cast down the bank about 3 feet from the bank. I personally Use a Moss Boss for this as it is Weedless, and makes a lot of water move. the cool thing about night fishing is that if the bass misses the lure, keep throwing it back until you get him. It will keep smacking at it until it gets it.
The tricky part of Night fishing is hooking the fish. We tend to rely on our sight when fishing top water lures. Obviously that is not possible at 2am. LOL>
so you have to wait until you feel the weight of the fish on the lure to set it. It can be frustrating, but you will get the hang of it.
Also CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS!!!!!.
Some places do not allow fishing at night on streams, especially if they also hold trout.

Have fun, and hook up!!
spidey04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-04, 08:21 AM   #5
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Well I love to night fish and have a bunch of gear specifically for it. ;D You can get a small head lamp, that fits around your head that's great for tying lures, taking off fish etc.. Also if you plan on doing a lot of it, then invest in some Black lights, and fluorescent mono. 8) You can see your line better than in the day with this combo. I use a lot of topwater stuff, especially Jitterbugs, and Buzzbaits. I actually paint my Jitterbugs, and a couple of Hula Poppers completely flat black for night fishing. As was stated, you have to either see you line(black lights and fluorescent line), hear them hit or feel them hit. So if not using topwater to hear them hit, or not using the fluorescent, then you need to keep a tight line to know when you've got a bite. Darker colors are what I use at night, preferably Black. It was also stated that baits that move a lot of water are good, and again I agree with this 100%. The bigger bass do seem to come up along the flats during the night, but just as with fishing in the day, there will be times when the fish are killing anything you throw, and times when you can't buy a bite. If fishing from a boat, please make sure you know the water you are fishing very, very well. And it there is some traffic make sure you have some lights(preferably your running lights) on so folks don't run you over. I will usually target the flats, or deep drop off ledges that come up shallower. The big bass will move some, but IMO they won't move a long way from the daytime locations. So any areas where you have some shallow water right next to the deeper water are good locations. Also dark spinners with a single Colorado blade is my first choice of spinnerbaits, since they move more water than a tandem blade.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 10:05 PM   #6
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I have used the black spinnerbaits and recently lost a monster on the black/blue chatterbait. I have had great success with the glow in the dark rattle trap.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.