Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-07, 10:53 PM   #1
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Chatterbait envy

I've been trying to think of some new, great, innovative lure since I started seriously bass fishing and along comes this simple, effective lure that the big name brands are already ripping off.

I'm jealous.
Old 01-29-07, 10:17 AM   #2
bassintxlady

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

you got that right...."rip off"....when they first came out you couldn't get your hands on a chatter bait....now they plus facsimilies thereof are everywhere......but to be honest ....i haven't had any luck on em here in the waters bet and i fish....i truthfully wasn't very impressed with them....
Old 01-29-07, 10:19 AM   #3
bassthumb32

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

they are not the magic lure they made them out to be but they do work. just like everything else they have their time and place.
Old 01-29-07, 10:22 AM   #4
bassintxlady

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassthumb32 View Post
they are not the magic lure they made them out to be but they do work. just like everything else they have their time and place.

your probably right.......my goal this year is to try all those baits i have bought and tried once or twice with no results.....i'm going to give them all a second chance this time....rofl.........
Old 01-30-07, 10:37 PM   #5
Other
BassFishin.Com Member

Chatterbaits are better then what people give them credit for. I caught plentifull amounts of bass on Chatterbaits. I give them a nice steady retrive just above the serface of the water with a twitch here and there. They work really well the only negitive I have on these lures is that they get to many short strikes and if you replace the trailer with a trailer hook you loose the action of the split tail trailer and it makes it look alot less real. That can be a major issue when the water is very clear.
Other is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 10:42 PM   #6
BassMoJo

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

I havent tryed them yet ..but have a collection of them and plan to use them ..alot this spring, see what I can get
BassMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 05:56 PM   #7
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Other , that is the exact same way I fish Chatterbaits , and I have alot of success with them , I have told people how Ive fished them with success , but people still dont like them ? I donno...They work great for me , and I have also found if bass are busting any kind of fish , and you can clearly tell by the popping on the water , or bluegill leaping out of the water , that is a great time to throw one out there..
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 08:56 PM   #8
Other
BassFishin.Com Member

Now I find this quite funny. People that are not fishing it like the way we are think that chatterbaits are not what they are said to be and they are not catching fish. I have told alot of other people how to fish it but they just look at me by my age and ignore me, it sucks being 14. Atleast I got my own little "secert" but I'm a guy that likes to share his knowledge, once the wather warms up ill post A article with pictures, maybe thats what you guys need to have confidence in a great fishing lure the "Chatterbait"
Old 01-31-07, 09:02 PM   #9
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other View Post
Chatterbaits are better then what people give them credit for. I caught plentifull amounts of bass on Chatterbaits. I give them a nice steady retrive just above the serface of the water with a twitch here and there. They work really well the only negitive I have on these lures is that they get to many short strikes and if you replace the trailer with a trailer hook you loose the action of the split tail trailer and it makes it look alot less real. That can be a major issue when the water is very clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
Other , that is the exact same way I fish Chatterbaits , and I have alot of success with them , I have told people how Ive fished them with success , but people still dont like them ? I donno...They work great for me , and I have also found if bass are busting any kind of fish , and you can clearly tell by the popping on the water , or bluegill leaping out of the water , that is a great time to throw one out there..

So this is a flying lure How do you get the fish to jump out from below the surface to bite it I mean I would roll my eyes at you too if you told me to fish it this way rotfl.

Lizards
Old 01-31-07, 11:51 PM   #10
bigbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigbasser
Smile chatterbait?????????

I think the BEST i've seen so far!!!!!!! with out a doubt is " SILENT THUNDER " by Wacky Worm!!!! Check them out at ( www.wackyworm.com ) or call Carol & Lou at ( 1-888-285-2050 ). bigbasser
bigbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 08:21 PM   #11
CMorg

ha , yeah I guess that would be hard to do above water... how about just below ??
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 09:13 AM   #12
Other
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule View Post
So this is a flying lure How do you get the fish to jump out from below the surface to bite it I mean I would roll my eyes at you too if you told me to fish it this way rotfl.

Lizards
I ment just below the surface. Jezz there are critics every were
Old 02-02-07, 01:12 PM   #13
Wishing2BFishing

Quote:
Tough crowd, eh?
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 10:56 PM   #14
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
I would think you would be happy that I actually read what you wrote I do pay attention to what folks say, and do here

Lizards
Old 02-02-07, 11:46 PM   #15
Vabass22

Quote:
I give them a nice steady retrive just above the serface of the water with a twitch here and there.
Really....you must have a SUPER high-speed reel to retrieve them ABOVE the water!
Old 02-04-07, 03:21 AM   #16
flamez

i had some trouble with short strikes aswell but i shortened the twin trailer a bit and now it happens alot less
Old 02-17-07, 06:41 AM   #17
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

I liked the link that bigbasser posted, I really like the skirt colors.

In a Bassin' magazine, they really endorsed venom's, booyah's, and the original chatterbait. But, it's hard to trust magazines that are sponsored by those brands.

The original seemed to be the best of the bunch (wonder how much they paid for that).

I did see a Bass Edge show that featured a guy using his swimming jig with his own blade on it that seemed to work just as well.

I forget who posted their own chatterbait on here, but it looked excellent. I figure that I have plenty of the same swimming jigs and may try that myself.
Old 02-17-07, 11:19 AM   #18
crab

This guy sells some great lures,check him out. http://gotstafishtackleco.com/default.aspx
crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 11:36 AM   #19
dampeoples

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Krueger, Jr. View Post
I forget who posted their own chatterbait on here, but it looked excellent. I figure that I have plenty of the same swimming jigs and may try that myself.
I make some, a blade, a jig and some split rings will net you a c-bait!

dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 01:43 PM   #20
crab

Dampeoples how much are yours,I bought a new 1/8 ounce model at walmart today. Its a booyah brand ,cool lookin bait here is a pic with the other stuff I picked up on sale . the lizards were 75 cents and the crankbait was a buck.the booyah was 4.00.
crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 02:58 PM   #21
dampeoples

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

They're $5.50 each.
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 01:29 PM   #22
HuckFinn

Send a message via AIM to HuckFinn

Picked up an "Original" Chatter bait kit a few days ago. It came with the original chatterbait, Flippin Series, ChatterFrog, and Mini Series. It also included a CD on hot to Rig them all. I used the Booyah this summer and my son used the original side by side. He had 3 fish I had none.

I picked up the kit because I like the frog. One of the lakes I fish is covered with pads so bad that you can not see the water. I will let you know how these work when the water is "softer" judging by the temp today that should be sometime in June

Last edited by HuckFinn; 02-23-07 at 01:52 PM.
HuckFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 09:13 AM   #23
links_man2

You can get all the components to make your own chatterbaits as well as other baits at Barlows (http://www.barlowstackle.com) for a reasonable price. Can make them for a lot less than the $4-$5 many stores want.
links_man2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.