Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-05, 08:08 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default st croix rods

st croix rods were always made in the usa. but according to my info they are being bought out. by a japanesse company..alot of guys that use them swear by them. but now i am hearing a lot of complaits from them. starting with "they are a very ugly rod"

i know lizard would be just busting to hear this..

zooker
Old 12-14-05, 08:33 PM   #2
Fish On
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Fish On

They work great for me. I have 2 avids, legend elite and legend tournament.
Old 12-15-05, 12:47 AM   #3
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Since I started fishing for bass I have 3 St. Croix rods. I also have (broke now) a Kistler LTA. The Kistler is by far a superior rod but the St. Croix do the job. It seems a lot of places around here discount the St. Croix rods. I am waiting to hear from my local tackkle store about the new Kistler rods coming out. I wanted to see if they could get me one before spring. 1 FASTLASER told me to try Airrus rods. I am going to Cabelas this sunday and they are supposed to sell them. My local store will sell me a gLoomis GL3 for $40.00 under list. It is close to what I am looking for to replace my Kistler. A 7ft. mh. I broke it in the back of my truck. Needless to say I will be buying a hard rod case at Cabelas sunday. I have to send my kistler back and see what they can do for me. I heard if they won't honor the warranty they will put a new tip on the rod. I broke it at the last eye before the tip.

Bob
Old 12-17-05, 02:28 AM   #4
basser_37
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to basser_37

weird. i havent heard anything about st. croix being bought out by the japanese. i doubt it would have anything to do with where they would be made at, as they're smart enough to keep it in the USA. anyone has some credible info, it'd be nice.
Old 12-19-05, 06:23 PM   #5
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have 6 st. croix rods for crankbaiting only though. One is a custom build out of the original s-glass blanks they came out with like 12 yrs ago or so and the other is a factory build revision of the s-glass rod. The ther four are legend graphite rods with moderate actions. 1hvy. 1 med. hvy. and 2 medium power rods. I like them all very much but not as much as the med. power loomis cranking rod I have...but better the the med. hvy or hvy power loomis cranking rod(don't remember which) but that action is way to fast for any crankbaiting on the heavier loomis. The st. croix's aren't built any better than other rods in the same price range. Don't like the fact that they used single footed guided on the 10's and 8's either. But if they have gone foriegn I won't be buying anymore.
I think I had seen at a web site that shimano had bought them recently, just don't remember where.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.