Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-04, 03:39 AM   #1
TonyNucci
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TonyNucci
Default Missing strikes?

Hi

Went fishing last night, caught 2 small ones.

Tried a superfluke first, missed 2 strikes...
Then an original Rapala floater, caught 1 (the rapala's first, it was very happy ;D), missed 1 (Man bass are quick, just before i lifted the rapala from the water one came flying from the side and took it, exciting to see)
Then a deadringer worm, caught 1, missed 1 strike.

My questions:

1. I read in some previous posts people complaining about missing strikes using a super fluke. Why do they miss strikes easily (assuming nothing wrong with the rigging)?

2. Is there something like an acceptable strike/miss ratio to indicate that I'm not doing something wrong. e.g. using a super fluke its ok to miss 1 out of 10, and a spinner bait maybe 1 in 20? Which bait has the best ratio (to use when the bass take anything you throw at them?)

3. Obviously the size of the fish should make a difference? Missing more strikes from small fish?

4. What do you guys think of the Mepps Black Fury spinner (is this classified as a spinnerbait?). My friend used that for a little while and outfished me... Will it only work for small bass?

Enough for one day... and thx for all the help

TonyNucci is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.