Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-05, 05:52 PM   #1
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Re: Sprinkle

Worst. Post.

Ever.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-05, 05:56 PM   #2
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fisherman_craig

Ha, nah, Im sure I have some other stories that top that one by far. Just thought Id share. I know you have been there before WTL.
fisherman_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-05, 05:58 PM   #3
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

crud, what did i do to it, i was going to add to it to make it more exciting for you WTL. oh by the way, do you take a class with this guy with a goatee and wears a black skull cap? he is in his late 30's real raspy voice, I think. He teaches political Science 103 I think. It was the only one I took. Had to read a book about how Mcdonalds is taking over the world. Was totally boring. :-/
Old 07-05-05, 07:03 PM   #4
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Goatee? Ted Miller?
Old 07-06-05, 10:58 AM   #5
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

Could be,
It has been a while, anyways, I didnt care for him that much. Do you know that gay proffesor that looks like colonell sanders from kfc? I took a Vietnam class with him. It was way hard, but interesting.
Old 07-06-05, 12:45 PM   #6
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

No but I've seen colonel sanders walking around. We had napoleon dynamite last semester in a political theory class, I swear the kid looked dead on and was always saying weird stuff about how he liked to cause traffic jams because suvs use too much gas or something.
Old 07-06-05, 02:10 PM   #7
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

LOL,
That rules! I love that movie. Dude, what is up with all of the Koreans on their bikes at UA? I miss Bama, bad! Real world stinks. This message board keeps me going! I majored in American Studies. They have some killer electives. I took Star wars and also Pro Wrestling as Theatre.
How much longer do you have at UA?
Old 07-06-05, 03:03 PM   #8
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

A year, maybe 3 semesters. I've gotta track down an advisor for a degree audit, I was on the list but they didn't get down to me till last semester was already over.

Last year there were flyers all over ten hoor with Led Zep on them, for AMS 150 I believe - the history of rock and roll. Wish I could have gotten in that class, but I had another during that time I needed to take.

Lots of koreans and other foreign students come down for a few weeks to learn English over at BB Comer. They tend to be pretty cool, but last year the Japaneese girls who lived down the hall always cooked some funky smelling fish - the smell wouldn't leave the hall for days.
Old 07-06-05, 03:55 PM   #9
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

Gross. I caught a Giant stingray at the beach last year and some japs came up and actually paid me 5 dollars to keep it. They ate it, ugh. Do you live in the dorms? I lived in Bruke my first year, then got an apt, Bryant Dr apts, right down from Jd's. It was great to get trashed and be able to walk down to JD's to get some more.
Old 07-06-05, 04:13 PM   #10
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Yea, I've lived in the dorms for the whole time - Paty as a freshman, then burke, the last two years at rose and next year I will be at the bryce lawn apartments. Most of the RAs have been pretty cool about alcohol and stuff, you just can't invite too many people over at one time. Bryce is gonna be cool as hell though - its a little further from classes and a long walk to the strip - but the rec is right there and as far as I can tell you can get away with a lot more crap there than in rose.
Old 07-06-05, 05:19 PM   #11
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

I had a acne faced red head being me RA at Bruke. He was such a tool. Im glad you are going to be moving soon. Ill be back in ttown for some games this year. Do you ever fish at Lake Lurleen? I would go there in the afternoon with my buddy and drink beer. Miss that darn place!!!!!!!!!! :'(
Old 07-06-05, 06:43 PM   #12
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

I tried Lurleen several times my freshman year and never did much good, so I started going to mimosa and bank fishing lake nicol and below holt dam. I also had an arguement once with the Lurleen caretaker. I really didn't like that guy, he was about as high strung and self-important as any loser government stooge I've ever met. So in part I havent been back just cause I don't like that guy.
Old 07-07-05, 11:04 AM   #13
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

Never ran into that guy, thank goodness. Do you ever go to the "cliffs?" I went a few times. Cool place to drink and what not.
Old 07-07-05, 11:39 AM   #14
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Yea, I think everyone knows about the cliffs. Never jumped from them though, but I've even fished from down in there - if you kept walking along the top of the cliffs there was a little trail that eventually petered out on a point down on the lake. Lake nicol is an interesting looking lake, I'm looking forward to finally getting a boat in it this year - its not highly pressured at all. They have another tuscaloosa water supply reservoir down from nicol called harris lake - that one is even more secluded.
Old 07-07-05, 12:00 PM   #15
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

I wish I had more time to fish, Work and being with my gf take up all of my time. What kind of boat do you have? I have been debating about getting a '12 jon boat for a couple of years, but I havent gotten myself to do it yet. I dont have a trailer for it or anything either. My brother has a big lake in his neighborhood that is private and I could fish it if I had a boat.
Old 07-07-05, 12:10 PM   #16
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

I have an old sears aluminum v with a 25 horse mariner. I'm still thinking about parking it on campus, what do you think? Theres plenty of space over in the bryce parking lot, I just don't want somebody to fool around with it.
Old 07-07-05, 12:34 PM   #17
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

You could park it there. Just make sure that it is close to a light source, overhead parking lot light or street lamp. Other than that I would not do it. You know how immature and stupid drunk college kids can be. Even at my nice apt. i had trouble with people messing with my car as well as others. Dont risk it even if you have the slightest doubt. People can be very rude. Are you going to get the NCAA 2006? I think I will for my xbox, even though Bama will probablyl suck on it. :P

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.