Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-05, 08:34 PM   #1
Rubberduck#2
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Big Problem

Yesterday I put my boat in the water and after traveling maybe a hundred yards water started pouring in from the front livewell and overflowing into the boat. Usually it only fills about half full. I noticed once I stopped the water level in the livewell went down to half, but when I started back up the river it started overflowing again. Once I got the boat back on the trailer I noticed on the bottom of the hull where the water is pumped in looked to be damaged. Question, is this a major problem? Can it be easily fixed? Or can I just plug the livewell to prevent this?
Rubberduck#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-05, 10:35 PM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: Big Problem

Plugging it will probably be a temporary fix, but you ought to get it checked out. The overflowing while running leads me to think water is being forced into the livewell as you move forward and returns to it's own level when you stop and the water quits being forced in.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-05, 10:42 PM   #3
Rubberduck#2
BassFishin.Com Member

Rebasser

Since I don't use the front livewell, can't I just stop up the intake hole under the bottom of the boat with a marine grade sealant or something.
Old 06-22-05, 11:19 PM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

I'm sure you could-sealing it up would solve the overflow problem and you could use it for additional storage, always at a premium on a bass boat.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-05, 11:27 PM   #5
Rubberduck#2
BassFishin.Com Member

Rebbasser,

Thanks for the help. I thinks I will go ahead and plug the hole. I thinks it will be cheaper to fix that way and will give me more storage.
Old 06-23-05, 10:32 AM   #6
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=River_Runner link=board=Boats;num=1119483272;start=0#4 date=06/22/05 at 22:27:05]Rebbasser,

Thanks for the help. I thinks I will go ahead and plug the hole. I thinks it will be cheaper to fix that way and will give me more storage.[/quote]

Just remember if you ever want to sell it, that will be an issue. Also if you do plug it up, do so in a way it can be removed, perhaps a drain plug in the live well. I would personally at least have the dealer look at it, and give you an estimate.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 02:59 PM   #7
notabassmaster
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to notabassmaster

I agree with Lizards. "Jimmy rigging" a bass boat aint a good idea. And when you go to trade, or sell I can promise you the question about the plugged area will come up. Take it to a dealer and get it fixed right the first time. Tight lines
notabassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.