Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-05, 05:50 AM   #1

Default gas tank

I have a Mercury 200 HP Black Max, the motor say oil injected but it isn't. I guess it no longer is since the previous owner told me I would need to mix the gas and oil. The tank is forty gallons. My question is what is the ration for the oil?
Old 05-12-05, 08:46 AM   #2
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman
Default Re: gas tank

CATFISH,

I would say a 50 to 1 ratio should be right, but why don't you contact the previous owner and ask him.
Why not have the oil injection repaired and use it, usually it is only the small nylon gear on the end of the oil pump drive that causes problems.
I think you have a lot of unanswered questions that you should ask the previous owner, like "Why he did not have the injection repaired."

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 08:16 PM   #3

Thanks, i will certainly contact the old owner ans ask about this. I will check on reconnecting the pump, it would great not having to mix the oil.
Old 05-14-05, 09:34 AM   #4
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

I would leave it disconnected. Â*The older Mercury oil injection systems had some problems which is why the previous owner had it disconnected I would imagine.

The proper ratio is 50/1. Â*That's one pint of oil for each six gallons of gas. Â*You can go to Wal-Mart, or Boaters World, or some place like that sells boat equipment, and buy a marked bottle that shows the right ammount of oil to add for X gallons of gas. Â*Nothing to it. Â*I always tossed in a little extra. Â*The bottles cost a couple of bucks.

Oil is cheap. Â*Powerheads are not.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-05, 01:22 AM   #5

Thanks alot guy's for all the tips. This is a great sight to come to especially for new comers to baoting. All you guy's experience is very helpful.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.