Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-05, 12:08 AM   #1
Daniel_B.
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Daniel_B.
Default BAITMONKEY

As im reading through all these topics one similar word keeps popin up. "baitmonkey" wtf.... what is it. And how
is it used. is it useful or annoying. please help me out this curiousity is driving me crazy

Have pitty fishing masters im just a 14yr old newbie lookin to clear some stuff up!! 8) 8)
Daniel_B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 12:29 AM   #2
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1
Default Re: BAITMONKEY

The baitmonkey is the little turd that you can't get off your shoulder when you walk into a BPS, a galyan's, or any other store that sells fishing stuff. He goes crazy when he sees all the stuff at the store, and the only way to appease him is to buy everything he wants. Sometimes it is possible to beat him, but he ends up winning most of the time. And while we all complain about the little b**tard, we all really love 'em, and we don't know what we'd do without him around. 8)
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 01:46 AM   #3
ALAN_RAMSEY
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ALAN_RAMSEY

thats a great explanation hulapoper

another way is to explain it as the bass gods I.V drug use habbitts..

we all think about it, we all crave its texture,color,and aroma, we waste pay checks after paychecks to support our habit. Â*we would sell our wife and children if we could for it. Â*and most of all after we buy a big fix of it we cannot be located for and entire weekend... ;D

ya know when you take a child into a toy store and you tell them they can't have anything and they throw a huge temper tantrum ond through a big fit.. well the same thing happens to bass fishermen when you take them into your local bass pro shop and tell them they can't have it.. Thats a monkey fit ;D

this is why we are on webs sites like this to to keep our butt of the internets or out off bass pro shops for a while Â*
.think of it as the "for" bass aholics club.
ALAN_RAMSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 02:52 AM   #4
UtahBass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to UtahBass

Awww... don't listen to those meanies, my little Baitmonkey... you know I love you. I know I couldn't catch anything without your help.

Oh, don't pout -- we'll go to Bass Pro Shop first thing Saturday morning, and I'll get you anything you want. Promise

(Baitmonkey say 'yeah').

UtahBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 05:16 PM   #5
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Well , I had a transfusion to clear that "bait monkey blood " from my system.
Unfortunately, he's trying to get back in.
Somebody help, please.

I'm in the process of buying more usefull items that I will either break, loose, or lone out never to see it again.
I fear for my self and my "habit" to buy new and improved fishing tackle.

Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*Bassnman30,
Â* Â* Â* Â* Someone in great need of help,...please
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 06:37 PM   #6
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

bassman the best thing to do is not fight it. either way hes gunna sneak back in when ur at a bps and u see a sale. he'll always be there. i keep my baitmonkey on my shoulder all the time. hes not much of a problem for me because i have no money to spend ;D
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 06:51 PM   #7
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Talk about baitmonkey power. Just got off the nextel w/ my wife. Shes at wally world and called me up, " Honey they have a soft bag here that holds five of those clear things, Didn't you say you needed something to hold more stuff in?, Its only $20. bucks do you want me to get it for you?" Of course I said yes and then sent a mental thank you to my baitmonkey that hid out in her purse. That is power I tell you. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 07:11 PM   #8

Thanks 4 answering my question i always had that feeling when ever i go to a fishing shop or even walmart (in the fishing section)
for some reason i like the feeling . Makes me work hard for my money knowing it will be well spent on fishing equipement that will help me in my many days at my local fishing hole.

Now that i noe what the feeling's called, i will from now on refer to that feeling as the bait monkey. Me and my best pal the bait monkey have some good catchin up to do, if u need me i'll be at my local bps!! "There goes all my saved money" anyways thanks again LOCKZ
Old 02-09-05, 07:49 PM   #9
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i went to a sporting good store last week end-one i normaly don't go to-they had fenwick hmx rods for $54 .14 had to wrestle the lil bastard in to a straight jacket and gag. that rod will set you back a 100 bucks any where else.

but i know where they is and i will free my bait monkey in there pretty soon.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 08:10 PM   #10
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

[img] http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...108AYs27Jq1bN2 [/img]

This is when my bait monkey really gets out of hand. I tell the girl friend it's the only way to get him from drinkingsoo much is to buy him shinny new fishing gear! I think his rehab is going good cause me's is broke!

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 10:50 PM   #11
fishwitch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fishwitch

i aint got a bait monkey i got a sportin monkey
i went into sportcenter came out with a new phlueger combo bag of baits 17 hmr ammo box of 22.s and some 7mag ammo

im proud of that phlueger its a 59 dollar reel on a 6,6 medium heavy phleuger rod not sure what it cost but im bettin upward of 20 dolla got the whole thing 56 bucks
dang monkey tried to hold em back jus got bitten and had to get him more.....
fishwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 11:14 PM   #12
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

Mine likes Bananas ;D

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 11:15 PM   #13
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Mine likes scotch... :
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 01:34 AM   #14
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

i've learned to accept him,he's like family now...just make sure your put a diaper on that little bas****.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 11:49 PM   #15
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Just got back from Woods n Water. They had a stock tank there with lures marked down to 99 cents. I took a glance at the top and decided that I didn't want any because they were all discontinued. Then that darn monkey grabed my arm and started digging deeper in the bin, and at the bottom were a bunch of good smithwick rogues. I got out of there with 5 for 99 cents each.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 12:40 AM   #16
bassguy2004

My baitmonkey always shows up right around payday. I wonder why that is?
Old 02-12-05, 01:50 AM   #17
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Welcome to the forum, Crazy a!

The bait monkey it that thing that sits on your shoulder and keeps whispering in your ear that you need to buy more tackle. Except in the spring, when it(at least mine does)turns into a 500 pound gorilla that screams in your ear ;D
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 04:45 PM   #18
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

with a blow horn..i freed mine today got 2 fenwick rods and 6 packs of zoom worms. don't worry bassenforcer i left ya one...

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 04:48 PM   #19
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Baitmonley nearly got me at wal-mart today. Falcon graphit rod on sale for $30.00. Unfortunately I only had $5 with me so I got a few spinnerbaits.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 08:21 PM   #20
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

[quote author=HulaPopr link=board=news;num=1107918482;start=0#18 date=02/12/05 at 14:48:37]Baitmonley nearly got me at wal-mart today. Â*Falcon graphit rod on sale for $30.00. Â*Unfortunately I only had $5 with me so I got a few spinnerbaits.[/quote]

What Wal-Mart? Where? our wally world does not even know who makes Falcon rods. I gotta have that rod.(ok baitmonkey, settle down). See, there he goes again. He's ripping at the door trying to get in here and i am trying just as hard to shut him out. ;D

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 08:35 PM   #21
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

went to bps today and got my penn spinfisher combo also got a bag of 4'' zoom lizards in black/red sparkle and zoom hornyhead toads in june bug. also a all black jitterbug and a gold/black hocust locust. the baitmonkey drained all of 142 dollars out of me.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.