Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-05, 05:16 AM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default heading to yankee town

well the time is 4:15 and im gettin ready to go to yankee town for some saltwater fun ;D i'll let you all know how we do.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-05, 12:11 AM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: heading to yankee town

wow......the damn weather man is unbeleivably WRONG!!! we ran into 3 (count that 3) major lightning and wind and rain storms.) did manage to sneak SOME fishin in where we caught catfish and ladyfish.....then on the last storm the winds fluctuated from 5-10mph all the way to 25-30mph in 5minutes it caught us while we were heading in...and we do not have the biggest boat...also it was low tide...long story short....we were beached on a oyster bar....with waves pouring water into the baot....we had a good half a foot of water in the boat.....stuck on an oyster bar...good news...it couldnt sink. so what we do is throw anchor so the bow is facing the wind....i jump on the very front of the bow to keep it from going up....i had a very nice workout.....(o ya....we are out of the boat now....we were in about 2' of oyster cover bar :-X so while my stepdad bailed water...i held down the bow. so we finally got the water out.....pulled anchor and pushed the boat off the bar....then jumped in the boat....and began getting just raped by the wind ;D we finally had help from a local that knew the area and steered us in the right direction so we wouldnt get stuck.....so its was a rather interesting day...managed to catch some fish...saw some dophins....but im not wanting to be in that situation again..there were a few times when we had doubts about what was gunna happen...but we pulled thru and got back safe and sound 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.