Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-05, 03:36 PM   #1
sumal
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sumal
Default golf course ponds

you guys talk alot about fishing on golf courses. do they just let you walk right on and start fishing or are you not supposed to be doing it?
sumal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 03:56 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: golf course ponds

really depends on what coarse you go to....some will get you off the second they see you on it...some dont care....if you ask for permission they will most likely say no...but if you go ahead and go on without asking then if they do care and see you...they just ask you to leave. just stay outta golfers way...and watch for golf balls.... :-X i have had experience with that before. i took a shot to the upper thigh :-X and now i watch what im doing at all times...another thing to know is these fish spook incredibly easy...so pitch and flip your bait into the water. 8) down here every golf coarse i have been to allowed me to fish it 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 04:00 PM   #3
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman

Another ingnorant question of mine is what is pitchin and flippin cuz ive been thinking of going to a golf course pond like a mile from my house!
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 04:17 PM   #4
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

The Pitch Cast (Pitchin')
This is best for targets between 10 and 30 feet away and provides a very quiet lure entry. Use a rod 6 1/2 feet or longer and a single-hook lure such as a worm, jig or spinnerbait. Face the target. Let out line until the lure is even with the reel. Hold the lure in your free hand at waist level. Lower the rod tip toward the water and put tension on the line. In one smooth, quick motion, swing the rod tip forward toward the target and upward, letting go of the lure with your free hand. Use only your wrist, arm movement is not a factor. As the lure moves from beneath the rod tip, release the line and continue raising the rod tip. (On bait casting gear, this cast requires a very light setting on the spool tension control, and you must know how to control the spool with your thumb, or the reel will backlash.) The lure should fly just above the water. Use a combination of line tension and rod movement to guide it to the target and to make it touch down softly. If you stop the bait just before it enters the water you'll almost always get a smooth entry. Immediately place your free hand on the reel and be ready for a strike.

The Flip-Cast (Flippin')
This is intended for pinpoint lure presentation to visible, thick cover between 10 and 20 feet away. Use a heavy-action 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 foot rod. Let out about 15 feet of line. With your free hand, grasp the line between the reel and the first rod guide and straighten your arm to the side. There should now be about 8 feet of line past the front tip. Raise the rod to make the lure swing back close to the body. Lower the rod top to make the lure swing forward. Use only your wrist, roll the butt of the rod to the inside of your arm. As it moves past the rod tip, continue raising the rod as you feed line with your free hand. As the lure nears the target, lower the rod top again and make the bait touch down softly and precisely on target by stopping the bait just before it enters the water. Let go of the line in your free hand and immediately place it on the reel. Make sure you're ready to strike before beginning your retrieve.

thats all from bassresource...i dont know how to bring the link from my favorites onto here so i just copied and pasted.....but go to bassresourse.com and go to articles.....read up 8)

Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.