Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-05, 09:19 PM   #1
MrMusky
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to MrMusky
Default how to work a jitterbug

i just got a jitterbug and i heard they are amazing but i don't have a clue one how to work them. i need help.
MrMusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 09:26 PM   #2
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Re: how to work a jitterbug

well i just reel them in and cast them again or ill reel them in with a stop and go motion.
Old 06-17-05, 09:51 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

let the master handle this one...lol

here you go....cast it out and fish it near structure/cover in the dead of the night.......reel it in a few feet....then stop....just let it sit there till you cant wait any longer(i like to leave paused for about 30 seconds) then reel in a few more feet and pause again for 'x'(again i like 30) amount of seconds......then do it all over till you reach the boat.....at night use an ALLL BLACK JITTERBUG 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 10:40 PM   #4
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

the master forgot to add, if night fishing, wear ear plugs and just feel for the fish, otherwise you're gonna hear the commotion of the fish hitting the top of the water and pee yourself thinking it was a gator. Be prepared for some bone chilling top water strikes at night.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 10:42 PM   #5
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman

Yeah i know im afraid of gators are they territarial and will attack me while im fishing?
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 10:48 PM   #6
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

3 types of gators you need to worry about
1. Gators that have been hand feed. These will be your most dangerous and most likely to attack without being provoked.

2. Gators protecting a nest/babies. If the baby is in immediate danger, so are you, see babies, get away cause momma will be pouncing real soon.

3. Big bull male gators. Once they reach a certain size, there isn't much that will intimidate them. More than likely they will keep there distance, but if food is around, they may choose to stick around instead of leaving.

97% of gators will leave you alone, some will keep you company during fishing, but keep an eye on all of them as the 3% is a very dangerous group.

Cliff Notes, gators won't bother you, but be cautious cause they'll eat you whole if you ain't careful.
Old 06-17-05, 10:51 PM   #7
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

K thanx that outta help

Theres only like one spotted in the lake i fish and that was like 2 to 3 years ago at 4 ft. no talk of it ever since have to ask hula (fishes same pond/lake)
Old 06-17-05, 10:55 PM   #8
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

gators tend to move a lot hear in central florida. water fluctuates so much, lakes are often fairly close down here, and the gator is on a continual hunt for food. Its possible he could have been removed, or moved on his own.
Old 06-17-05, 10:56 PM   #9
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Last year a 7 and 8 foot gators were pulled out of the pond i fish too

Talked to the trapper for a little bit and got to touch em too big and powerful
Old 06-17-05, 10:59 PM   #10
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Chris, in long lake there are 2 gators one about 4 1/2 and another about a foot less. there is one in your pond that is about a 5. I have no problems with gators. Leave them alone, and they'll leave you alone. Just keep your distance and you'll be fine.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 11:08 PM   #11
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i have no problem with gators...i have swam in lakes with gators.....once i was duck hunting and a 5-6' gator came up to investigate the duck decoys.....came right up to our gheenoe....and was literally a foot away from me...the gheenoe has side that when in the water arnt more alittle over half a foot above the waterso that gators eyes were seeing into the boat....after nudging some more decoys it swam off....if you live in florida you cant really be worried about gators...just leave them alone.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.