Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-05, 06:27 PM   #1
Scott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Scott
Default Which Spinnerbaits should I use???

I live in Ohio and I was just wondering what some of the best spinnerbaits are?? Please include colors and sizes. Thanks!!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 06:38 PM   #2
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20
Default Re: Which Spinnerbaits should I use???

I like the ones made by Retriever Lures. As far as sizes and colors, thats a pretty broad ? . Color will depend on water clarity. If the water is stained, I pretty much use Chartrues or Chart/White, and I use Gold Blades most of the time.
In clearer water, I like a white, Gold shad, blue shad or pumpkin color.

I use a 1/2oz most of the time, because you can run it a little faster without jumping it out of the water.
If they want a smaller bait, i use the Bleeding Paw Compact, again by Retriever lures. It is a 1/4oz compact bait with red hook.
I personally shy away from 3/8oz most of the time, because everybody throws it. I do carry a few though, because some days thats allthey want.

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 09:33 PM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=rrw4258 link=board=news;num=1109107643;start=0#0 date=02/22/05 at 16:27:23]I live in Ohio and I was just wondering what some of the best spinnerbaits are?? Please include colors and sizes. Thanks!! [/quote]

Welcome to the asylum, kick back, and watch your step . I haven't read your other post yet(it's next), but I was wondering how much experience you have. If you are starting out, I would highly reccomend you go to wally world and pick a several different sizes, and colors for a $1 a piece. Once you had time to start feeling how to fish them, well you can spend 3,4,5,6,7 or even 8 bucks a pop for some of the more exspensive brands. Spinnerbaits are made in so many different qualities, and brands you can't keep up with all of them. If you are a more experienced angler, I like stirke king, and booyah, but to be honest I pick my spinnerbaits based on size/color/blades. I don't care if it's a cheepo or a exspensive one. Now with all that being said I truly don't think I need to buy another spinnerbait for a decade or so, since I have over 75 of them. It's a great bait, but lots of different brands work well, theres no perfect spinnerbait.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-05, 01:59 AM   #4
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Been using strike king bleeding spinnerbaits recently. Various sizes usually 1/2,3/8 oz. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-05, 02:28 AM   #5

Default Re: Which Spinnerbaits should I use???I

I live in Idaho, and when the water warms up in the spring, I always have a spinnerbait on at least one rod. I make my own from premade forms. I pretty much stick to 1/4 oz or 1/2 oz. I match my colors to the forage of the body of water I'm fishing and the water clarity. The main forage fish around my area are rainbow trout, crappie, bluegill, and perch. I fish the snake river near my home in Lewiston for smallmouth. In the spring is when the hatch of steelhead smolt start migrating downriver to the ocean. A white spinnerbait with either white or silver blades is deadly this time of the year. It mimics a small steelhead perfectly, they have silver sides and a white belly. When the forage is perch an all chartruese bait is the answer. For lakes where crappie and bluegill are the forage I have goodluck with chart/white skirt. I have an assortment of blades to change the vibration and retrieve speed. When you want to go slow the rounder colorado blades work great. When I want to burn it #4 willow leafs on a 1/2 bait are my choice. Don't be afraid to try a variety of colors and styles for your homewaters.http://www.bassfishin.com/public_htm...mages/wink.gif
Wink

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.