Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-05, 09:38 PM   #1
PackerBasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to PackerBasser
Default skirted grubs?

i stopped in my tackle store and got some yamamoto hula grubs,and jig heads.I've heard about them.they look good but how to fish them? thanks
PackerBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-05, 09:55 PM   #2
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16
Default Re: skirted grubs?

Ocala,I have Yamamoto brand, but I prefer Chompers brand better.You can fish them alot of different ways. I use a 3/8 oz. football head jig and keep the rod tip low and sweep the rod to retreive the lure so it snags on the bottom and pops free but keeping it very near the bottom so it doesn't travel too far.I also, use a free sliding weight whenever possible rather than a pegged sinker when not using a lead jig head.Drop shot style using a slender weight on bottom to slide through vegetation while shaking the bait in place for a few seconds at a time on the slow retreive.Getting back to the chompers brand, the legs really move alot better than any other brand I have used .I hope this helps you. Let me know how you did and what techniques you came up with. P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-05, 09:56 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

I fish then the same way I fish a plastic worm or jig-n-pig. Â*Cast them out and retrieve them with a lift and drop retrieve. Â*However, I also swim them-straight retrieve-and flip with them every now and then, but mostly the lift and drop. One thing I have found when fishing them on a jighead-a little fishing glue makes a world of difference keeping them on the jighead.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-05, 09:58 PM   #4
PackerBasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to PackerBasser

thank you,I will
PackerBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-05, 10:00 PM   #5
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

i've had some success using skirted grubs on carolina rig.but i mostly use them on the arkie weedless stand up jig heads.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.