Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-05, 01:08 PM   #1
tinboat
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to tinboat
Default Jigs?

I think I heard some of ya'll talking about all the ways that you can fish a jig.To tell you the truth I haven't caught many on them at all :-/I only caught moss :-[Can ya'll please reply with the ways ya'll work them, brands, trailors,etc... ;D

P.S I see on the fishing shows how under water they make the jigs hop vertically.when I fish them they go horizontally :P.can ya'll tell me what you have to do to get them to bounce up & down
tinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 06:42 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Jigs?

well, as you will find out, many people havnt caught alot too. i have only caught one. to make it bounce, reel up your slack and have your pole facing straight and pull up on the pole. this works for me.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 07:05 PM   #3
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16
Default Re: Jigs?

I have caught a few on the jig. I don't hop it up and down. If you pitch it and it hits the bottom, I Â*will lift the rod tip about two inches and let the jig lift up and scoot before setting back down on the bottom. You can fish it all the way back to the boat or pick it up and cast again to the next target.If a bass is in the area the jig will get hit before it reaches the bottom.There are times they will hit it as you retreive it for the next target.I generally use a bulkier trailer to slow the jig down and alot of times they will bite it on the fall, but if the fish are hitting it on the fall from the start ,alot of times I go to a heavier jig. It allows you to fish faster and cover more water.You may have to switch back if the bite drops off.The biggest myth about jigs is that people think your only going to get 4 or 5 bites all day.That is not true at all,you can catch alot of fish in a day on a jig.If you don't get a bite in an hour you are either not on a jig bite or your not where there are fish.The only bad time to jig fish is when you see alot of baitfish popping on the surface or if there are alot of small fry in the grass your fishing.Ihope this helps. P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.