Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-05, 08:32 PM   #1

Default tacklebox problem

i was wondering if it would matter if i mixed all of worms in one bag....or if i needed to put each pack of worms in a seperate bag? my tackle box is getting too full and i need to conserve some space....i dont want to mess the smell or taste of the worms up buy mixing them.
Old 06-04-05, 08:40 PM   #2
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Worm_King
Default Re: tacklebox problem

Some worms you can do it and get away with it. Others you can't. It's been my experience that you don't want to mix Gulp products with anything else. Also don't mix Strike King 3X, or Terminator Snapback soft plastics with regular soft plastics. They are both made with Cyberflexxx. I put a 3X lizard in a box with some Powerbait lizards and and the 3X lizard started to melt.

Worm_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-05, 08:42 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

do not do that. most worms will bleed the colors into eachother, lets say you have a white worm and a red worm, if you put them together they will become pinkish. not a good idea to do unless you want to make new colors. also, some worms will melt eachother. my suggestion is just get a bigger tackle box.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-05, 10:19 PM   #4
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

true they bleed only if you keep them in direct sunlight. but if they have different flavors i wouldnt.
Old 06-04-05, 10:28 PM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

actually jordan, wrong again.......they will bleed anytime. i have just bought a bag of worms and put them in with another color inside my house, and overnight they bleed together. i have found that tiki products will bleed, zoom products, kinami baits, and alot more will bleed under no sunlight. wow, i wouldnt think that you would like to eat plastics...i guess you do. but no, the SCENTS do not mix in my experience, well not enough to really make a difference.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-05, 10:37 PM   #6
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

I'd never mix anymore, cus I used to years ago, what happens is the chartruse bleeds into all other colors after a hot stay in the sun,
Plus many worms have either a oil or lub on them, or just the opposite, a salt layer in and out...
I prefer salt to just about all of them, but do fish culprits alot and they have the oil film, berkeley has its own funk smell to it, but dont bleed to much,
All n all i would leave in the bag, I carry about 30 dif bags in the top of the tackle box, and know if i am looking for a junebug, it'll be a manns verses if I knew I was looking for a craw, it would be a Gene Larew bag,
they all look dif, so for me its easier just to get the bag out of one style only, plus you'll realize when your about out of stock 8)
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 08:32 AM   #7
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

I have a problem with my tackleboxs also :-/ None fo the five of them will fit all my tackle into them LOL. I guess my boat is my tacklebox, and it's also getting way too small ;D

Don't mix them together, as has already been stated. I would also keep them in the original bags, helps keep the salt, scent in the baits. Tackle Logic makes some plastic worm bags, where you can litterally stuff about 15 bags or more of soft plastics in one, and zipper it up with a handle. Don't use the dividers that come with them though, can't fit as much in them that way. BTW thank Rebasser for that little tip.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 03:31 PM   #8
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

I've just got a couple plano 3600 series boxes that I keep my plastic baits in. I choose my favorites that "I" think will work under most any circumstance and load the boxes up with those particular colors/sizes.
I also have gotten to where my boat is also a tackle shop. Alot of stuff for one trip, BUT you need what there hitting on.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 04:09 PM   #9
big_mouth
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to big_mouth

Hey player, You can downsize the worms you bring fishing by bringing only half of each or only the colors you would use depending on the color of the water. (which I myself wouldnt do) Or save up and buy a new tackle box. You also can get a cheap lunchbox. The soft ones from the dollar store and put them in there.
big_mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 07:44 PM   #10
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Quote:
I guess my boat is my tacklebox, and it's also getting way too small Â*
Mine too, and I've got a 17-6 Nitro!

I got in mine the other night and took out probably 50 pounds of soft plastics-I took out all the extra bags I had in it. Â*Unless I'm going someplace for a while and can't resupply I don't need 10 bags of watermelon red flake Zoom Super flukes ;D. Â*

I keep all my soft plastics in worm binders, but I don't use the rings that come with it-I just stuff the bags in the binder-I can fit more that way. Â*One thing I really like about the binders is it has a clear plastic envelope on the outside for a label. Â*I label all of mine so I don't have to dig around trying to find a particular bait.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.