Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-05, 08:23 PM   #1

Default topwaters

hey what do you think the best topwater lure is i use a chartruse buzzbait i have tremendous luck with it up in the shallows.
Old 06-05-05, 08:25 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: topwaters

ughhh, the special edition topwater whiz-a-wang-bang series does me best.... BTW, register its free. and there is no such thing as a ''best bait''
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 09:15 PM   #3
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

jitterbug works pretty good for me.
Old 06-05-05, 09:55 PM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Best topwater? There isn't one. Sometimes the fish want a buzzbait, and sometimes they won't touch one. I've had success with buzzbaits, Pop-Rs, Zara Spooks, Poppin' Images, King Rats, Scum Frogs, Slim Dogs, Chug Bugs, Jitterbugs, Hula Poppers-the list goes on and on. That's why you need to have several different topwaters in your arsenal.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 10:59 PM   #5
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

Man tonight I thought the buzzbait would be KING~
it was super windy, a real nice chop to the water, was sunny out tho, and HOT...I threw a clacker,, which i hate but all my other ones bit the dust this spring, and then I tried a 1/8th mini whacker, but it was way to choppy to stay on top, the top water bite finally came into play about dusk, but they just swiped at it, plus my big problem tonight was I fished wayyyyyy to fast.
I was burning a spinnerbait, prob should have used a more natural skirt but had neon green on, then the pop R i was walkin ' the dog way to fast too..I guess I was too pumped up
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 01:18 AM   #6
Park
BassFishin.Com Member

i just recently bought a sputter buzz havn't used it yet but it looks really effective.
Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 12:50 PM   #7
redneck13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to redneck13

There are so many.What worked today may not work tomorrow.By the way,I went bassin' early this morning and caught 5 in about 2 hours (missed 3 or 4 others).You know what every catch and near catch came on?You guessed it...the chartruse buzzbait!
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 11:02 PM   #8
LeapinBass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LeapinBass

i bought a jointed jitterbug today went out and in 2 hours and went 6 for 6 biggest one goin 4 1/2 so thats seems to work weel
LeapinBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 11:05 PM   #9
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

they make em jointed ?
Old 06-06-05, 11:06 PM   #10
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

ya, the jitterbug works, but i think you may have more success with the biggest one you can find that is not jointed. im looking for a 8'' jitterbug as of now...not the jointed kind. there are big bass out here, and for night fishin a black jitterbug is my go to bait. i might have to get it custom made...and in that case im either goin to rob or chip
Old 06-06-05, 11:07 PM   #11
LeapinBass
BassFishin.Com Member

yeh i didnt no they did either until i found one at dicks sporting goods its really effective it about 3-5 feet of water
Old 06-06-05, 11:08 PM   #12
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

ya jb, more for musky. i dont like the jointed, i think the regular ones work better. but thats a matter of opinion, and alittle experience, i have used jointed and regular, both the same size on the same night, the regular one oout performed it, but that s the only time i used the jointed, i just dont like them.
Old 06-06-05, 11:15 PM   #13
LeapinBass
BassFishin.Com Member

have any of you ever heard of a lazy ike
Old 06-06-05, 11:55 PM   #14
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=KSbass1991 link=board=news;num=1118013809;start=0#12 date=06/06/05 at 22:15:05]have any of you ever heard of a lazy ike[/quote]

I think that's my disowned uncle :-/

No but I have heard and seen a Fat IKA

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 05:16 PM   #15
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Dads old tackle box had a lazy ike, I used it when I first got into fishing, lost it somewhere in a pond about 25 years ago, its a curved minnow with a wide wobble
[img] http://www.stoeckley.com/Images/LazyIke.jpg [/img]
Old 06-07-05, 11:40 PM   #16
tbuck
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to tbuck

[quote author=JB link=board=news;num=1118013809;start=0#14 date=06/07/05 at 16:16:00]Dads old tackle box had a lazy ike, I used it when I first got into fishing, lost it somewhere in a pond about 25 years ago, its a curved minnow with a wide wobble
[img] Â* Â* Â* http://www.stoeckley.com/Images/LazyIke.jpg Â* Â*[/img][/quote]

Some of those old horse baits really dive deep... I've used a 5" Creek Chub Pike in 2 tone orange many days years ago to get deep fast with fast cranking on the old clunker ratio reels. It paid off with deep bites in the middle of summer when it's hot. Devils horse, Luck 13's still great baits. My goto night is always the Jitterbug too. Troll long line sometime and just cruise back with the electric trollin motor. You'll be surprised how many fish you'll catch at night...

Screemin' screeetchin' Baits..

Mike
tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 11:50 PM   #17
basshunter205
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to basshunter205

Mouldy's Hawg Wobbler. They're originally made for muskies, but now they got a downsized version, roughly the size of a super spook in length. they have a big spoon on the nose and they're jointed with a little buzzer on the back. they have an ultra slow retrieve and gurgle and pop like no other. I'm testing them on bass this year.

http://www.thornebros.com/muskie/bai...er_mouldy.html

thats the link to show the hawg wobbler. they wont let me just paste the picture.

My go to buzzbait is a Booyah 1/2 oz black buzzbait with a black blade and extra loud clacker. love that thing. I also use Spooks, Skitter Walks, Skitter Pop's, Devil horse's, and snagproof frogs...those are killer around here during the summer...

basshunter205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 11:52 PM   #18
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

$16 might best get ready to jump in the water if you loose it ;D
Old 06-08-05, 07:00 PM   #19
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=news;num=1118013809;start=0#9 date=06/06/05 at 22:06:28]ya, the jitterbug works, but i think you may have more success with the biggest one you can find that is not jointed. im looking for a 8'' jitterbug as of now...not the jointed kind. there are big bass out here, and for night fishin a black jitterbug is my go to bait. i might have to get it custom made...and in that case im either goin to rob or chip [/quote]

BF02 my local tacle shop has around an 8 or 9 inch jitterbug in an all black color send me a pm if interested
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.