Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-05, 10:32 PM   #1
fishin_hillbilly
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fishin_hillbilly
Default quantum,teamdaiwa,or shimano

I'm 14 and I work and all my money goes twards fishing reels and I want to find out wich is better quantum x-metal,teamdaiwa fuego, or the shimano chronarch (the new one).
fishin_hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 10:38 PM   #2
DelawareBass-R
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to DelawareBass-R Send a message via MSN to DelawareBass-R
Default Re: quantum,teamdaiwa,or shimano

dude i like curados but if i could afford the 100$ more i would buy the teamdiawa-x reels, i bought 2 , 2 years ago and they are the best reels i have ever used and i use them 80% of the time. if i could drop 200$ on 4 more i would, but ive been using curados lately and they anit bad but you definately get your moneys worth when it comes to baitcasters. and the diawa's are worth it!
Old 02-26-05, 12:16 AM   #3
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Someone may not like my reply, but this is the way I see it.

The only best reel in the world is the one that the fisherman is holding in his hand when he catches a fish. You will never hear a fisherman say "Gee, I'm glad I bought this Shimano because I am catching more fish with it." Everybody has their own favorite type of reels.

Half of my reels are 10 dollar shakespeare open faces mounted to a 7 dollar Shakespeare rod, all bought at Wally World. There has been many times that I have went out with someone who had the 200 dollar outfit. Did it help him catch more fish? No, it didn't. You can read up on every review and hear everyone's opinions on every reel ever made, but it all comes down to what you can afford and what you like to use.

This type of question will receive about 5o different answers, so good luck making a choice.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 12:55 AM   #4
RebelBasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to RebelBasser

I agree with Bassbooger but up to a certain extent.

I am VERY paticular about what rod that I use compared to my reels. I have a several high dollar reels like Team Diawa, Quantam and Abu Garcia but believe it or not it seems that I wind up going back to my $35 Shakespeare Axium reels. If someone is looking for a good reel at a great price then I would check them out at Wally World.

For rods I prefer my GLoomis for jig and worm fishing, my BPS Stacey King for crankbaits and my All Stars for everything else. Each rod that I listed is super sensitive and that helps catch more fish.

RebelBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 12:59 AM   #5

i feel ya there i'm only 11 and get good money too ,but dont spend it on high dollar reels so i would,and did buy the quantums . if you can find one get a old mg621[there ugly but i fish by myself]or the acurist. i dont like the PT reels.i did buy a pflueger TRION and i it .it was the smoothest reel at the shop,but give it a month and it'll be the grittyest, grindyest , reel. anyway[i know you want to know about the fuego,quantum,and chronarch]i think since you only14 dont buy chonarch cause its like $300 something bucks .i have heard good stories of the teamdiawa.if you have the extra money buy the SOL [you may not like yellow though]it's not as much as the chronarch and ALMOST as little as a quarter.so get a quantum acurist or TD SOL.

NO BACKLASHES,
CONVOYTRUCKER....
Old 02-26-05, 01:14 AM   #6
fishin_hillbilly
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fishin_hillbilly

I already bought the chronarch and the teamdaiwa fuego. But,I'm more interested in the quantum x-metal on the count of the fact that it is the only one of the three that I dont have.
fishin_hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.