Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-05, 09:52 AM   #1
B.D. jR
BassFishin.Com Member

Question Carolina Lunker Sauce??

After reading a lot about fish attractants on the net, Carolina Lunker Sauce makes some pretty big claims. Like -outfishes other fish attractants 6 to 1-. And -is not water soluble and needs to be applied every 30 minutes- instead of after a few casts. Anyway, I ordered this in Garlic flavor and have yet to try it. I have smelled it...every time I open my tackle box, whew, this stuff is STRONG!! Just wondering if you have used it or heard of someone using it. Think it will really make a difference? Thanks guys, have really enjoyed the forum!!
B.D. jR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 01:04 PM   #2
Mac3
BassFishin.Com Member

It will probably make the same difference as my home-made stuff. That is, when a fish bumps the lure or takes it into the mouth, it will defiinitely hang on longer.

I mix two cups hot tapwater (not stove heated) with a two tablespoons of garlic powder and two teaspoons salt.....then pour some into each baggie of lures. Seal the baggies and float them on a bucket of hot tapwater for twenty minutes.....drain off the excess in the baggies and re-seal. Even though water based, the soft plastics will absorb both the garlic smell and the salt taste.......I've never refreshed them and they work well.
Mac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 01:18 PM   #3
scrap
BassFishin.Com Active Member

mac3, thanks for sharing your recipe, the way my fishing days go, i can use all the advantages i can get. i generally use the walmart brand of scent. i can't write anything bad about it. dunno if it really works or just the fish are hungry, agitated or whatever. thanks.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 06:18 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

really prefur the carlina lunker sauce in crawdad. whew smell my finger now tell me that crap don't stink...

zooker
Old 11-08-05, 07:18 PM   #5
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I've got some-really haven't given it a real workout yet, though. I'll keep you posted.
Old 11-08-05, 07:45 PM   #6
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

my school has a bass anglers club and the guy who runs it says that its the best stuff in the world and he would never fish without it.
lovinfishin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 07:53 PM   #7
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I bought a bottle last saturday.I was looking for Mega strike , but I bought the lunker sauce. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 09:31 PM   #8
Unregistered

For My Fish, I Like Just A Squirt Of Lemon And A Little Tabasco. But For Ribeye And T-bone, Now That's Calls For A.1.
Old 11-08-05, 09:38 PM   #9
thomas32140
BassFishin.Com Member

Umm i think we're talking about scents for our lures, but tobasco is the best
thomas32140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-05, 01:38 PM   #10
BassQualifier
BassFishin.Com Member

Carolina Lunker Sauce has a good applicator because it is not messy and can't spill like a lot of other scents. This is probably its best redeeming quality. I've always had good luck with Kick'n Bass, but I've heard good things about carolina lunker sauce and I will continue to use it. Can't hurt anything!
BassQualifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-05, 10:50 PM   #11
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Someone I know spilt the lunker sauce all over himself when he was out on a trip with a girlfriend. Reb might know who I am talking about.
Old 11-12-05, 07:50 PM   #12
flippin4it
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have Lunker sauce in crawfish both the regular and "Pro Gel". I have had good results with it so far. But I have'nt used it enough to give a seal of aproval. I'm still partial to Jack's Juice.
Old 11-12-05, 08:45 PM   #13
DaiN0
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to DaiN0

I dont use scent cuz as soon as i feel him i set the hook, and when fishing soft plastics the fish are usually a hunger bite, not so much a reaction so they hold it long enough to set the hook anyways. And most plastics made today are already loaded with salt and scent so it really aint needed. When i was fishing with the pros in tex. i asked if they like scent and they said they rarely, if ever use it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.