Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-05, 02:25 PM   #1

Default Spring Smallies

Minnesota bass opener is in only 4 days. Does anyone have any suggestions (lures or techniques) for big smallies? Water is about 58 degrees and about 10-14 foot clarity. Projected weather is supposed to be upper 60’s with some sun. Not the best conditions, but willing to try anything.
Old 05-24-05, 06:26 PM   #2
Fishin4theday
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fishin4theday
Default Re: Spring Smallies

I dont fish up north but I do fish for smallmouth all the time. I live in East Tennessee. When the water is at that temp the smallies here are right before going on the bed. I use several baits. Often the bite is very aggressive so i like a double willow spinnerbait with some red or chartreuse in the skirt and a gold and silver blade. I also like a tight wiggle crankbait like a Shad Rap or the new Bandit Flatt X . Current wisdom says craw but I like shad colors better this time of year. I also like a lizard on a slider head. I use a 1/8 oz with a 5 inch lizard. The watermelon color Zellmander or a Zoom will work. I also use a 1/8 oz bitsy bug with a tiny chunk.
Like I said I dont fish up north but all those work well here when the water is around 60. Fish2win
Fishin4theday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 07:01 PM   #3
OhioBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I Live In South Eastern KY.......cant help ya man
OhioBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 11:52 PM   #4
Fishin4theday
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fishin4theday

Hey Nick I am in Andersonville Tn . I live on Norris. Do you fish Laurel River? Fish2win
Fishin4theday is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.