Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-05, 10:03 PM   #1
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default same bass?

Ever other weekend when i go to my mom's house i fish the same part of the neighborhood pond/lake...whatever u wanna call it. Every time i fish this drainage type thing i always get a bass around 5 or 6 lbs in the same spot every time. But a few days ago (and this has happened more than once) it took me three times to catch it. The first time my line broke, second time the fish jumped it off, then the third time i caught it. Do you think it is the same bass that is just really agressive or just different bass every time? cuz the first one would've had a swim shad stuck in it's mouth and the second one looked about 4 lbs. Is it common for big bass to hang out in the same spot?
Old 03-10-05, 10:10 PM   #2
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard
Default Re: same bass?

Smart enough to break line and shake stuff off... perhaps they learned it in school!
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 10:17 PM   #3
basstech

lol....i wouldn't doubt it
Old 03-10-05, 11:05 PM   #4
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

[quote author=Lone_Archer link=board=news;num=1110503007;start=0#1 date=03/10/05 at 20:10:54]Smart enough to break line and shake stuff off... perhaps they learned it in school![/quote]
LMAO
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 11:17 PM   #5
basstech

well i tied a palomar.....but i think my line was "crunchy" from never washing it off after fishing in the river (saltwater) so that helped it break cuz otherwise palomar knots NEVER break. And the shake off is just cuz i suck and can't control those damn fish and....i don't know
Old 03-11-05, 12:20 AM   #6
GeeBeeJim

[quote author=Lone_Archer link=board=news;num=1110503007;start=0#1 date=03/10/05 at 20:10:54]Smart enough to break line and shake stuff off... perhaps they learned it in school![/quote]

ha ha that were reel funny ha ha
Old 03-11-05, 01:06 AM   #7
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=bASSmaster1 link=board=news;num=1110503007;start=0#4 date=03/10/05 at 21:17:20]well i tied a palomar.....but i think my line was "crunchy" from never washing it off after fishing in the river (saltwater) so that helped it break cuz otherwise palomar knots NEVER break. And the shake off is just cuz i suck and can't control those damn fish and....i don't know[/quote]

Palomar knots will break especially if you aren't wetting you line properly when cinching them down. The knot wears out even quicker when you have a bullet weight on top of it. I would say that probably 50% of lines breaking are at the knot, due to lack of moisture when cinching them down, or just plain old laziness of not retying the line when needed. As for this being the same fish it could be but I have a hard time believing you hooked it and it broke your line, then immediately bit again Generally it's gonna go away for awhile, at least not bite the same thing again. But I've seen stranger things happen. Yes it could be the same fish you catch week after week, but not within 10-15 minutes IMO.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-05, 03:30 PM   #8
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

I've found that big bass will normally dominate an area.
Now, if your fishing a drainage area where the water flows in then you may have hooked different fish.
You stated that the fish you caught was appx 4 lbs.
Thats not that big (relative term) but it may not have been the only one there.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-05, 10:04 PM   #9
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

Based on my own experience, it wouldn't be the same bass biting multiple times right after one another. But I've also read stuff by guys who swear they've experienced the opposite.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 12:08 AM   #10
basstech

The one i landed on my third hookup was a 6.1 lber....but when i had the second one on and it got off then i caught the 6.1 lber i sorta guestimated how big the other one was that got off....it was right under me so i got a good look @ it. So it was probably right around four or close to 5. I guess they're all different fish.
Old 03-12-05, 01:00 AM   #11
bassfisher14

I've always heard that a fish won't eat for 2-3 days after being caught. Something about the trauma of being caught.

I don't know if that is true though, so don't quote me on it.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 02:03 AM   #12
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum

Maybe a brother or sister bass?

Sandra
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 03:50 PM   #13
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

bassbooger, ive caught a bass before, then let him go, and he proceeded to go under some weeds and hit a worm goin by. ;D
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 09:12 PM   #14
grandbass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to grandbass

Regarding having a bass hit the same lure twice. Last summer, I was fishing a junebug fluke with a red hook. I had a strike, set the hook, and broke the line. Less than five minutes later, I catch a fish in the same spot that has a line hanging out of its mouth. When I pulled the line, out pops a junebug fluke with a red hook.....
grandbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.