Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-05, 10:30 AM   #1
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fisherman_craig
Default Boiling Water

Hey guys
Went fishint this past saturday at my local lake. The water temp was 91 degrees. When the water is that hot, There is no point in fishing shallow structure, or shallow water at all, right?
???

Oh yeah, I also managed to break my bass pro rod, Then was caught up in a monsoon!
fisherman_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-05, 10:39 AM   #2
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Re: Boiling Water

You still fishing lake Purdy? Â*

I would go deeper and look for some spots, or maybe try to find some springs and creeks. Â*Yes, 91 is awful hot - I think hardly anything is impossible when fishing, they could be up shallow, but I wouldn't bet on it. Â*If it gets much hotter than that I think you will see some fishkills. Â*

Are you sure the water temp was 91 degrees?
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-05, 10:59 AM   #3
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey WTL,
Yes, or very close, thats what my temp reading showed. It like warm bath water. The fish on my finder showed they were clinging to the bottom around 34 feet. This was at Purdy. What kind of lures should you use in this situation?
Old 07-05-05, 11:05 AM   #4
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Well, when it gets that hot its pretty hard. I can't remember a time when I fished water that was in the 90s and had any success, I normally try to avoid it. My advice to you would be to try nightfishing, it can't be 91 in the middle of the night and sometimes the fish do move up at night - I'm a little new to night fishing but it seems to loosen those fishes lips a little.

Of course, sometimes you just have to find a few other places to fish. You might ought to try driving out towards Pell city and logan martin if you have a boat, didn't you have a little flat bottom?
Old 07-05-05, 11:19 AM   #5
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

I dont have a jon boat yet, but hope to next summer. My brother has a pond that does have a good bit of bass in it but i have to use this tipsy canoe. Do you know of anywhere else thats near to the bhm area? I have been to Oak Mtn a few times, but no success.
Old 07-05-05, 11:45 AM   #6
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Have you tried Bibb county lake yet? Its got some nice bass, its near West Blockton off of I59 - a little drive but shouldn't be too bad from Bham. You have the cahaba river flowing through bham, thats got some bass too and its cooler.
Old 07-05-05, 11:59 AM   #7
fisherman_craig
BassFishin.Com Member

Awesome,
Thanks for the advice!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.