Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-05, 01:03 PM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Freebies for some of you

Well I have some extra spinning reels (Shimano) that I need to get rid of, and also some soft plastics. I will give these away to some of you folks if you are interested. The catch is you need to write out here on this post, and explain why YOU should recieve them. They are not pieces of crap, but generally will need a little TLC. I have 3 reels I will send to the lucky winners, and lets say 5 groups of plastics. I honestly just have too much stuff, and need to clear out some room. You can make me laugh or cry, but I will be the one deciding the winners. I would prefer these to go to some of the younger folks on the site, but that's is definately not in stone. So if your interested in a FREEBIE let me know. And give us a post worthwhile of you recieving them.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 01:19 PM   #2
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Re: Freebies for some of you

Well, I'm really not sure that I qualify as there are probably younger and more needy fishermen than me on here, but I could use a medium spinning reel. I have an ultralight garcia cardinal and a very large garcia cardinal, but I havent had that mid-range spinning outfit in over a year since the last one broke. Would I use one if I had it? Yes, but its not an imperitive need. I guess this hasn't been the most persuasive post, but if you have 1 of those reels laying around and ya don't have anybody else to claim it then I'll take it.

zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 02:36 PM   #3
Fatdaddy151
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fatdaddy151

I'll give this one a try. I'm always on the lookout for good used reels and lures because I work for a church that is full of fishermen! Well, I guess I should say that it is a church full of racecar motorheads that also like fishing if I really wanted to be exact. But, one of our deacons has a big ol' pontoon boat that he uses to take kids fishing with. His name is Swan and they call it the Swantoon! We live about 15 minutes from the biggest lake in Iowa and although isn't perfect for the black bass it is wonderful for the white bass and the are easy biters so it makes it great for fishing with kids. Like I said, I'm always on the lookout so I can give them to him and keep some for me when I take students out (I'm the youth and childrens pastor). It's been a good way to get kids away from some of the junk that they have to deal with in their homes in this town. You know, Iowa the meth capital of the midwest! So, there is my sob story, but really it's a pretty cool opportunity to fish with kids.
Fatdaddy151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 05:27 PM   #4
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Well I think ebooks got a pretty good cause, but I'll give it a shot. I'm only 15 and I've had to acquire all my tackle and gear myself cause neither of my parents ever fished. I've been fishing for a year and have spent most of my income on bass fishing, but there is still a ton of stuff I don't have. I need a new spinning reel anyway becaus ethe one I have now is falling apart. Bass fishing is what I do, and I need all the stuff I can get. I'll gladly take any free stuff I can get. Thanks.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 05:56 PM   #5
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

I think I am a great home for these baits and/or reels because I am a fellow Hoosier. Â*This will cost you a lot less for shipping. Â*No, really, I think you should give me some freebies because I fish over 260 days a year, and am constantly looking for new things to try and I don't want to use my best gear when just fishing small farm ponds. Â*I could really use some soft plastics and need some more reels for my tournament circuit....(It's pretty hard for a 16-year-old to get Shimano reels when he doesn't even have a job :)

Lastly, (this might be the sealer) I noticed you have a GO Pacers icon on your profile......Well, it just so happens that my dad has season tickets, and we can't make one of the games b/c of our trip to Florida.....We have no one else who really needs or wants these tickets, so you might be in luck for 2 Row 14 Pacer Tickets if you can pull through for me ;D

Beat that Fellers :P.....just kidding

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 06:41 PM   #6
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i dont think i can beat the tickets TT ;D i'llgive it a shot. im almost 14(next month)and it could be a b-day present ;D seriously tho, i dont have a job(other than cutting grass witch isnt goin so well right now)and i dont get paid allowance. all the money i get comes from birthdays or the occasional lawn mowwing. i only have 2 reels because of this. a bps spinning reel(its ok but its gettin old) and a pflueger trion spinning reel(its nice, i cant say anything bad about it) but i am trying desperatly to get more reels and with out money its pretty hard. so this would be a great chance for me to get more reels. so to better my bass fishin life ;D. and i could always use more soft plastics thanks either way
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 06:44 PM   #7
United_Bass_._Com
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to United_Bass_._Com

I would be scared to sit that close to the court at a pacer game. You may get attacked by a crazed player. :P Just kidding, I am a Reggie Miller fan and also a fan of Chris Mullins even though he has long since retired. OOOH and the dunkin dutchman to. :P

I dont own a spinning reel. The only thing I guess I might use one for is to drop-shot or use a float-n-fly. Since I don't do either method much I just use a baitcaster. Is a spinning reel better for these methods?

If they are I may consider checking in on a spinning reel.
United_Bass_._Com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 06:51 PM   #8
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

LIZZZERDS

Siks munce ugo i cudent evan spel fiShrmen and now I ar won so i neede a fIshun real to ketch fish so me and my pore old antie wont starve. pleeze send me won pleeze pleeze cus i reeley reeley need it. thank you, yur frend jack.
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 07:16 PM   #9
fisherwoman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fisherwoman

I was 15 once........ about 35 years ago!
i don't need a reel as such, but, if one of yours needs a holiday in sunny Brisneyland, Australia i would be happy to help.
it would have to want to go to beaches inundated with gorgeous topless women sunbathing.. also drinking copious quantities of icey cold beer while dicussing the previous day on the water chasing that elusive trophy fish.
i realise that this is expecting a lot & that nobody really would want to do this kind of thing on a regular basis so i'll just go & apply some sunscreen, put on my hat & head on down to console myself with all of the above :P ;D ;D
cheers all
Dave

ps. i am sure it would be an education for the softies as well :-[
fisherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 07:28 PM   #10
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

Plastics,

Because I said so! LOL! Well, 95% of the time I use plastics... yeah.

Also, I really like you.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 07:37 PM   #11
fool4bassin
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fool4bassin

uhhhh uhhhh caus im flamez king of the bass fisherman? well really i could use a new spinning combo to go with my new boat
(having mixed feelings on the jon boat might go wit kayak) and it wure would be a hella lot easier to fish from a kayak with spinning gear then baitcasting
fool4bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 07:44 PM   #12
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

not to be pushy or anything....but i was just wonderin when will the results come out? thanks
Old 03-10-05, 07:45 PM   #13
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Wow, its gonna be hard to beat TT on this one.
Old 03-10-05, 07:53 PM   #14
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

In light of all the good replies so far, I hearby renounce my candidacy for Lizard's spinning reel. ;D

I'm sure from the replies that others could use them more, I just wanted to get dibs on them in case only 1 or 2 guys like Jackl replied to the thread.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 07:54 PM   #15
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=MessBoards;num=1110470636;start=0#11 date=03/10/05 at 17:44:15]not to be pushy or anything....but i was just wonderin when will the results come out? thanks[/quote]

I did realize I forgot to put a time limit on it so here it is. Since there might be a few folks who can't get to the site daily, I will keep it opened till I get up sunday morning. I will say that these all have been very good, and Jack and Felix had me laughing pretty good ;D ;D I might be able to come up with some more stuff, just keep posting. And just because TT is trying to bribe me doesn't mean I'll accept it or even that I can go to the game he's talking about? It was a strong effort though

Lizards
Old 03-10-05, 08:22 PM   #16
javelinguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to javelinguy

I teach emotional/behavioral disabilities at the elementary level. My children are on behavior tracking sheets and actually aquire daily points based on their behavior. I allow them to spend their points tri-weekly. The reels and/or plastics could be used as a reinforcer for my guys. Last year we actually did a fishing unit the last month and a half of school. This unit finished with a "field trip" down to the local park pond where my boss (principal) and I did a brief overview of fishing/safety/casting. We fished with donated rods for bluegills that we had stocked. That last month of school was the most productive academically and contained some of the best overall behavior I had witnessed all of last year. Fishing was what they were working for. Currently they earn cool pencils, matchbox cars, Yu-gi-oh (which I think is a cult) cards, computer time, lunch with a friend, etc. A lot of the kids got hooked on fishing last year and don't have parents who can afford or just plain won't support this interest. If you sent them to me I could use them to fill that void in their life (hobby, passion). I could also coordinate this with a Letter Writing Unit b/c of course I would encourage them to say thank you.
Cool idea and very generous of you Lizards.
javelinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 09:23 PM   #17
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

That's generous of you Liz, but I'd give them to some needy kids.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 09:26 PM   #18
bruce
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bruce

I think I need whatever you want to give away cuz I have yet to come to the realization that I have too much stuff. ;D

Wait a minute, is it REALLY possible to have too much stuff? ???

Scott
bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 09:57 PM   #19
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum

Hey, Lizards,

I love Shimano!!!!

I don't have any sob stories, 2 make u cry. But, if you like pain, i can definetly make you cry. Just call me Miss Sandra, Haha. I got carded today at the liquor store and I recently was carded at Walmart-- I kid u not, this is what she said, "You have to be 16 years old to buy that knife." I was trying to buy and on sale Winchester pocket knife. I guess no one notices my one piece of gray hair. I am proud of it, I almost lost it when my hair dresser tried to pull it out, thank goodness he said something to me first before he started pulling!!
Well, if you do have enough to go around, i would very much like one.

Thanks,
Sandra
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 10:01 PM   #20
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

I think I am going to drop out of this one b/c IMhooked has a much better cause than I do.....Good Luck IM, I really support your idea and think it is very noble of you.

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 10:38 PM   #21
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=IMhooked link=board=MessBoards;num=1110470636;start=0#15 date=03/10/05 at 18:22:53]I teach emotional/behavioral disabilities at the elementary level. My children are on behavior tracking sheets and actually aquire daily points based on their behavior. I allow them to spend their points tri-weekly. The reels and/or plastics could be used as a reinforcer for my guys. Last year we actually did a fishing unit the last month and a half of school. This unit finished with a "field trip" down to the local park pond where my boss (principal) and I did a brief overview of fishing/safety/casting. We fished with donated rods for bluegills that we had stocked. That last month of school was the most productive academically and contained some of the best overall behavior I had witnessed all of last year. Fishing was what they were working for. Currently they earn cool pencils, matchbox cars, Yu-gi-oh (which I think is a cult) cards, computer time, lunch with a friend, etc. A lot of the kids got hooked on fishing last year and don't have parents who can afford or just plain won't support this interest. If you sent them to me I could use them to fill that void in their life (hobby, passion). I could also coordinate this with a Letter Writing Unit b/c of course I would encourage them to say thank you.
Cool idea and very generous of you Lizards.[/quote]

Well guys and gals, I have promised some stuff to ebook already, and unless someone can give me any argument that they would have more of a need then IMhooked he's gonna get the rest of the stuff. Both of these are well deserving programs that I would gladly donate too. So I will be cutting this contest short. I will leave it open till tommorrow evening, in case there are some others who have a good need for them can post it here. Now I must say I did change what I said in my first post, about these going to several people, but what would you do? Let me know if any of you have a problem with this, and I will take all answers into consideration, but it had better be a GOOD argument. By the way, I was also PM'd by one of the outstanding members here who suggested I post this. I couldn't agree more, what do you folks think?

Lizards
Old 03-10-05, 10:49 PM   #22
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

i need some new tackle cuz mine don't catch fish!!!

excellent idea...you got a heart of gold liz.
i went thru my junk and came up with 3 rods and reels,half dozen spools of line and a plano box full of the basic necessities that i have all ready to go.there is a place about 1/2 hr from here that regularly sends packages to the troops.just waiting till i can get up that way.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 10:53 PM   #23
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm glad you decided to give the stuff to those kids. they need it more than any of us here do.
Old 03-10-05, 11:11 PM   #24
fisherwoman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fisherwoman

way to go Lizard.

[img] http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/966156/Thumb.jpg [/img]

whoa, that IS a big thumbs up.
thought pic was a bit smaller.
fisherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 11:11 PM   #25
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

ya those kids are in more need then most here. good job liz. i think this was a great idea. that aussie board had somethin like this on there. its a good and nice thing to do. if u find any more tackle layin around let me know and ill be sure to take it off ur hands ;D

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.