Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-05, 09:22 PM   #1
BigDawgz
BassFishin.Com Member

Default weight and brand jigs?

sorry all still working on this. Tomorrow going out to spend the money, and using the info i gathered from all to help do it right. Just wondering if their is any certian brands and what size and color jigs to get. All Zoom soft baits are 25% off at dicks sporting goods, so i'll start there. Thought about the Berkley jigs, I've always liked everything i have bought by them in the past. Also thought about some yamamoto senkos, not sure what size.
BigDawgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 09:27 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: weight and brand jigs?

dont get senkos, they are a waste of money IMO, get the tiki stiks, they do the same, and IMO work better, and they are less money. the color depends on the area you fish. i like jigs with rattles in them. but the basic colors like black/blue, reds. browns, purples, chartrueses and whites, colors like that always seem to produce. and get a trailor that matches the jig. i like booyah and picasso jigs, and strike king makes i decent jig...uncle joshes are good to. the weight depends on the depth of the water, and the speed you want it to fall. if its a slow day, you want a smaller jig that wont fall as fast, on aggressive days, any jig will work.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 09:38 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

bennersj, take a look at Tiki Sticks made by Wave Worms-same type bait as a Senko but less expensive and more durable. I throw them almost exclusively. My favorite colors are watermelon red flake, watermelon/chartreuse swirl, and baby bass pearl swirl.

For jigs-I mostly throw 3/8 oz. and 1/2 oz. I prefer jigs with a bullet shaped head-my favorite is a Cyclone jig which I thought had been discontinued but Bass Pro started carrying them, so I guess not ;D, but that is really personal preference. Most jigs you find on the shelf will do the job. I throw black/blue and watermelon more than any, but green pumpkin is also a good color. Zoom makes a trailer called a salty chunk which work well-just get trailers that are the same color as the jig.

Another Zoom bait I would recommend is a Super Fluke:

My favorite colors are watermelon, watermelon red flake, and Smokin' Shad. It looks like an injured baitfish in the water.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 09:09 AM   #4
daveraynor
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to daveraynor

I like a Hart jig, it's got a good rattle, which is important IMO. I like green's, brown's and darker colors like black and blue.
daveraynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 12:55 PM   #5
juicy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to juicy

Jigs. Â*www.pjlures.com Â*I throw a jig 99% of the time and have been through a lot of different brands and so far these have been the best yet, I like the 3/8 oz. flipping jigs, in green pumpkin, BrownOrange/ and Black.
For the trailers, Â*Of course I use my own Â*but match the color to the jig I'm throwing, which I match to the clarity of the water.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 02:36 PM   #6
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Curado, Take a look at Tripple Rattle back jigs. These things have rattles that will wake the dead.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 03:56 PM   #7
basshunter205
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to basshunter205

I disagree about the senko's. for me, they've by far outprouced Tiki Sticks. IMHO, they have much better action. I do agree that they are not durable, and this would be the only advantage i give the tiki sticks. I also recommend YUM Dingers.

Zoom Super Flukes, Berkley Power Jerk Shad, both are the same and work awesome. for running them on top of the surface for a little different look, try the Strike King 3X Zulu's. they have awesome flotation.

For jigs, i like the Booyah Boo Jigs witha YUM chunk trailer, or a Zoom speed vibe trailer.The Strike King 3X chunks are pretty good too. Pork is kinda messy, but i usually try and pick up a bunch of it when its on sale. just another look you can give the fish. usually 3/8 or 1/2 oz jigs are what i use.

basshunter205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.