Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-05, 05:08 PM   #1
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52
Default Power Craw Riggin'

I just recieved some of these(thx NJBassDevil). I have both the 4 inch and 3 inch models and a custom pour PowerCraw. I have no clue on how to fish these, I know to texas rig them, but should i use a wieght and also, should they be drug or bounced
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-05, 05:32 PM   #2
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default Re: Power Craw Rigging'

I luv that bait,
I use it just like a worm, and I usually use a 3/16 bullet sinker with a #2 or #3 hook...but also can go with 1/4 ounce sinker...also for variation I will start with the full lenght and as I get bites I cut back the body part and see what size they like
Ya thread the tail end of it just like a worm, about 1/4 inch of plastic and slide it up to the eyelet of the hook, and then stick the barb in the underneath body of the craw, usually right Â*in the middle somewhere..I prefer black and blue, throw out to the bank if your on a boat, or work over some downed timber, they will bite it just like the plastic worm bite feels, and can be a good bait to use during full moon cycles if they are feeding on craws...
Of course I have other favs to,, green metal flake with orange pincher's, and black body with chartreuse pincher's for the murky waters 8)
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-05, 06:18 PM   #3
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Worm_King
Default Re: Power Craw Riggin'

You can also rig them on a jig head.
Worm_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-05, 09:21 PM   #4
RACKMASTER00
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to RACKMASTER00

i like to rig them c-rig style. and bounce the sinker off of the bottom it makes them look like they are in the defensive mode. this always seems to work well for me.
RACKMASTER00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-05, 10:53 PM   #5
basshunter205
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to basshunter205

Texas style is great, i use straight shank worm hooks for this, they sit in the craw a bit better. Owner 2/0 straight shank with barbs on the shank work great. use a 3/16oz weight or something like that.

basshunter205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.