Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-05, 07:00 AM   #1
AlabamaLakes
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via MSN to AlabamaLakes
Default PETA is No Match for Minnisota's Gov...

GOVERNOR PAWLENTY'S STATEMENT REGARDING A REQUEST FROM PETA TO DECLARE WALLEYE OFF-LIMITS TO FISHING -- August 2, 2005

Saint Paul – The following is a statement from Governor Tim Pawlenty regarding a request from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to declare walleye off limits to fishing in Minnesota:

“PETA continues to display goofy judgment. Fishing is part of our way of life in Minnesota – moms, dads, kids, and grandparents enjoy beautiful summer and winter days fishing. We care for and enjoy our natural resources the right way. The PETA ‘Fish Empathy Project’ is nutty and misses the mark. Fishing is not, as they claim, the same thing as hooking a dog through the mouth and dragging them behind your car.
“PETA should stay out of Minnesota’s proud fishing lifestyle. Because of their letter, I’m going out for a walleye dinner tonight.”
AlabamaLakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-05, 07:38 AM   #2
InEccess
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess

Man, that's exactly what people, and more importantly, politicians and judges need to tell PETA. I saw them demostrating outside a circus one time protesting the abuse of the elephants. So myself and afew friends went out and bought markers and project paper and started our own group... PET-A, People for that Edible Treat - Animals. We were protesting the circus keeping the elephants from the poor and hungry, asking "How many starving people could the elephants feed"? The local chapter of PETA wasn't immused.
Old 08-06-05, 09:48 AM   #3
Fish2win

Dont take PETA litely. They are organized, Have a lot of Money behind them and are really working the politicians. In Europe they have been sucessful in getting many anti sportsman laws passed. This especially true in Great Britian.Fisherman must be together on the issues of sportsmans rights and fish and game laws. We must police our actions in front of the general public that are non sportsman. This is a real threat. Fish2win
Old 08-06-05, 10:04 AM   #4
HulaPopr
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

We need more politicians just like that.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-05, 10:21 AM   #5
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

PETA is gonna try to get stuff passed, but as for the south they probably have about as good a chance of getting the Afghanistanis to free all their goats as they do to get southerners to quit hunting and fishing. I feel bad for the yanks and people from California though, its a real shame for the good sportsmen in the blue states.
Old 08-06-05, 10:48 AM   #6
flfireman

Very powerful organization. They were supporters of the Channel Island fishing ban off the West coast. They pop up in the south all the time, dont hang around for too long though. Guess they figure being out in the swamps with the likes of some of us isn't good for long term health.
Old 08-06-05, 08:37 PM   #7
Cuban_Cigar
BassFishin.Com Member

These kinds of people make me embarrassed to be human.....ban walleye fishin......how the F%CK are you gonna argue for that......get real......they need to take there money to New York and get the bums off the streets......i bet these freaks order caskets for their guppies
Old 08-07-05, 12:37 AM   #8
Bendersbe16

Send a message via AIM to Bendersbe16

hang on, im confused, is PETA or whatever trying to take walleye fishing out of minnesota?

What do u call a life dedacated to fishing?
I call it a life time well spent
Bendersbe16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-05, 03:55 AM   #9
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

I would care less if they baned hunting and fishing. They would have to pry my rifle and my fishing poles from my cold dead hands before they could stop me............. Build my own pond and hunt on my own land if I have to.............. THEY CANT AND WONT STOP THIS SOUTHERN BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-05, 03:56 AM   #10
Dyas

I love my dog to much to drag him through the street............... Now a cat I wouldnt mind..................
Old 08-07-05, 04:00 AM   #11
Dyas

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman
Very powerful organization. They were supporters of the Channel Island fishing ban off the West coast. They pop up in the south all the time, dont hang around for too long though. Guess they figure being out in the swamps with the likes of some of us isn't good for long term health.
If they pop up in my swamp they gonna be starrin down the barrel of a shotgun....................... After that its their choice..............
Old 08-07-05, 10:54 AM   #12
PowerBass

Man PETA is a real pain in the a** with thier sh!t.
Old 08-07-05, 05:53 PM   #13
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

im sick of PETA. what is their problem? if we stop hunting and fishing......more animals will die. overpopulation will kill all the animals off. why are they so stupid? cant they realize that us hunting and fishing keeps the enviroment in good shape? i guess they wont be happy till we all die because we wont have enough protein because their brilliant minds thought that eatting meat is cruel.......but i guess they wont have to worry bout that, cause when nobody can kill anything, the animals will die anyway. they need a reallity check. man i would love to argue with those nutcases........no wait, it wouldnt be worth my time. all i kno is, as long as we are in the south, we are safe.........untill, god help us all, a PETA member becomes govenor of a southern state. man, imagine what life would be like with a PETA in the white house......i would run for the hills..........that would be terrible.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.