Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-07, 03:06 PM   #1
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo
Default Starting Video March 1st

Me and my fishing partner are making a bass fishing video starting March 1st. After a long winter of writing various fishing companys we came away with 4 sponsorships 1 paid for so idk if that counts any one can do it the tracker boats sponsirship, but besides that we have Quantum shirts, hats, decals, 10% discount and more little stuff, from P-Line we got the same and from booyah we got the shirts and hats and decals but also 10 spinners and 10 jigs which was pretty cool. We did all this by simply writing to them and showing them pictures of fish caught over the summer/spring and asked for there sponsirship in our upcoming video and that all products and things they sent to us would be used in the video. Any tips or anything at all when making the video would be great ...looking for a wide varity of things we could do ?
BassMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-07, 03:41 PM   #2
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Catch fish with the products your sponsored by.
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-07, 03:45 PM   #3
PowerBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMoJo View Post
Me and my fishing partner are making a bass fishing video starting March 1st. After a long winter of writing various fishing companys we came away with 4 sponsorships 1 paid for so idk if that counts any one can do it the tracker boats sponsirship, but besides that we have Quantum shirts, hats, decals, 10% discount and more little stuff, from P-Line we got the same and from booyah we got the shirts and hats and decals but also 10 spinners and 10 jigs which was pretty cool. We did all this by simply writing to them and showing them pictures of fish caught over the summer/spring and asked for there sponsirship in our upcoming video and that all products and things they sent to us would be used in the video. Any tips or anything at all when making the video would be great ...looking for a wide varity of things we could do ?

I would say specific shows, Deep water, heavy cover etc. Good Music on the background. Tournaments on film. Weigh In coverage. Etc
Old 02-04-07, 05:42 PM   #4
InEccess
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess

I'd also say, use the internet as a stepping stone into more and better sponcerships. YouTube was voted the best invention of 2006, so more eyes are on that outlet then you may think. Record your video's, upload them to YouTube, then send out links to more potential customers. Also, give us the link to your YouTube uploads so we could subscribe. Get enough subscriptions and you'll have alittle more leverage, especially with local and smaller sponcerships.
Old 02-04-07, 06:06 PM   #5
adamchasejones
BassFishin.Com Member

Make it informational. Bill dance and the big timers have gotten away from bass shows being about sharing info. Pick a topic for the day and stick with it and teach the world something about how ur catching them.
adamchasejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-07, 11:18 PM   #6
flbassman

Fish a recognized lake. A bunch of these shows have people catching 100's of huge bass in their brother in laws farm pond that was trick shot to look like a respectable sized body of water......Good luck!
Old 02-05-07, 12:55 AM   #7
Jolly

I agree with everyone else: make the video's informative. Concentrate on a specific technique, structure, whatever and stick to it. Posting your video on YouTube is a great idea and will give you lots of exposure.

Congrats on all the sponsorships and goodies and good luck,

Jolly
Old 02-05-07, 07:44 PM   #8
KSbassfishinkid34
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to KSbassfishinkid34

People love watching shows on night fishing for bass, and plus its also exciting for the angler to make the show
KSbassfishinkid34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 09:52 PM   #9
skeeter944

Welcome to the forum ksbassfishinkid34!

Last edited by skeeter944; 02-06-07 at 02:44 PM.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-07, 01:07 PM   #10
bassbooger

Make sure you invite Cranky for one episode featuring that new Stein that he just got ROFL
Old 02-06-07, 02:44 PM   #11
skeeter944

rotflmao booger!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-07, 03:14 PM   #12
DadofJolly
BassFishin.Com Member

Sounds fun Man. I would also try getting links added to some sites that post fishing reports. A lot of us look at them weekly to keep in touch with the water. If you are targeting local viewers focus on websites that cover you local waters. As far as the content itself, I agree with the others that say concentrate on the teaching aspect of the video. We all watch fishing hoping we will pick up something we didn't know. Spend time talking about what YOU learned that day and WHY you chose the area you did, what you chose to use and or change to. Include details about why you chose the specific line, rod or other equipment. I hate when I'm watching a tournament and they say "I was fishing a worm earlier. But I only caught a few small fish. So I switched to a jig and have caught two better fish since." SHOW ME A CLOSE UP OF THE WORM AND THE STINKIN JIG! We want to see exactly what you chose for these conditions! Also, if you are using your electronics to find fish, show some shots of the screen and explain what it is showing you. These teaching details is what we all want the pros to slow down and tell us (not just watch them catch the fish). Just my $0.02.

God Bless.
Old 02-06-07, 07:41 PM   #13
Bassinkid

Good oportunity good luck with that and anything more that will come from the sponsors.
Bassinkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 07:07 PM   #14
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

All good ideas here. Just be very informative. Like season of the year, existing weather conditions, as wel as any previous weather conditions which would have effected your fishing pattern for the day. Explain the water conditions. If your fishing a specific type of weedbed, show a pic of the weeds when telling the kind of weeds being fished. Explain not only how your catching the fish but why you went with that presentation. While many of us will already be able to figure some of this out on our own, there is a whole new younger generation which are going to need to learn the ropes of the wonderful sport of bass fishing.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-07, 11:48 PM   #15
hackattack

stay away from fishing honey holes. you will get more respect from competitors and sponsors if you can find a real pattern other than your farm pond where bass will bitea bare hook. Just a metaphorical take on the hole thing...
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 04:15 AM   #16
bubba bass bigfoot

i have no clue just do all kinds of bass fishing, a show deticated to a way of fishing, and give tips. also good luck hope it turns out well for ya.
bubba bass bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 09:40 AM   #17
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

I've seen many, extremely poor production value shows on local access channels. If you can put on a good show, even a decent show, I'm sure you could eclipse some of the shows already on those channels.

It wouldn't hurt to contact Kevin about sponsorship, maybe not his site, but some of his sponsors may be willing to give you a shot - if you send a promo, and make sure its good.

Everyone who posted on this thread has given excellent advice!
Old 03-03-07, 10:20 PM   #18
InEccess

So, it's March 3rd... How's the fishing Show coming? We want updates.
Old 03-04-07, 01:32 AM   #19
BassMoJo

So far we have jig fishing in 5-12 ft of water ...waters still very cold down here ! We go over how to detect hits and how to pitch the jig into heavy cover like trees etc. w/out genterating a big splash ! But mainly its the first one of the season so we went to over 25 lakes reisivors were we fish and showed everyone ! it has been fun but cold and a little slow but it takes time ! Next time we go out is to Long arm Reisivor in pa on the 16th
Old 03-04-07, 01:38 AM   #20
hackattack

nice...maybe a road trip to champlain is in order??
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-07, 10:59 AM   #21
InEccess

Any plans for putting these fishing videos online? If not, how are you distributing them? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 03-04-07, 10:24 PM   #22
BassMoJo

yes i will put some clips / final product online ....and i also notice you live in pa do u know were long arm is ...if so u should fish there on the 16th
Old 03-05-07, 01:42 AM   #23
InEccess

That's a bit of a drive for me. I'll be working that day. If you're ever in the area, fishing Crooked Creek (best bass lake in the Pittsburgh area), or Three Rivers, let me know.
Old 03-05-07, 04:04 PM   #24
BassMoJo

Crooked creek can i take my 40 hp in there ? Directions? sounds like a plan !
Old 03-05-07, 10:54 PM   #25
InEccess

yeah you can fish out of a jon boat and do well. Google Earth it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.