Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-05, 09:19 PM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default i have looked...with no avail

i have spent some time lookin at the articles at bassresource, and at this site for info about barometric pressure. i know that during cold fronts this is what plays a big role. what i want to know is... when the barometric pressure drops, do bass have lockjaw, or do they go into a feeding frenzy, and if it rises vice versa? now i have been up since 4:30, so if i overlooked the article on this, just point me in the right direction. also, can someone post a site with all the knots, so i can save it to my favorites? i want to learn the loop knot, along with some others. thanks for all the help.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 09:26 PM   #2
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard
Default Re: i have looked...with no avail

The barometer tends to drop right before a "storm" and this sends not only fish, but many animals into a drive to fill their bellies.

Bass like to come out when the clouds roll out because it is harder for birds and other animals to see them. If it rains, baitfish get attracted to the surface, which in turn attracts bass.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 09:33 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

mosty of that i knew, thanks tho...so lets see if i got this straight, if the barometric pressure drops, the bass go into a feeding frenzy? if it rises, they have lockjaw?
Old 06-05-05, 09:45 PM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=MessBoards;num=1118017188;start=0#2 date=06/05/05 at 20:33:32]mosty of that i knew, thanks tho...so lets see if i got this straight, if the barometric pressure drops, the bass go into a feeding frenzy? if it rises, they have lockjaw?[/quote]

I don't know if they go into a feeding frenzy, but they are more active when the barometer is low. The high barometer is usually what you get post frontal-bluebird skies and strong north winds, and lockjaw.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 09:54 PM   #5
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=MessBoards;num=1118017188;start=0#3 date=06/05/05 at 20:45:53]

I don't know if they go into a feeding frenzy, but they are more active when the barometer is low. The high barometer is usually what you get post frontal-bluebird skies and strong north winds, and lockjaw.[/quote]

What he said, but as for the cold fronts. Those are somewhat different. It drives the air and water temps down, even if you have a high or low pressure going on. I don't know exactly why the fish do this on a technical basis. But I do know to me it's the hardest time to catch bass in the shallower areas. It doesn't however affect the deeper fish nearly as much. Because it can't get the temps down there changing to much. I can say this from experience. But it still doesn't keep me from going fishing

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 10:03 PM   #6
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

my Favorite site for info is.............http://home.comcast.net/~rkrz/eblures/index.htm

Good reading there my friend see you in a few weeks! lol.

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 11:55 PM   #7
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

and about a site with all the knots? thanks in advance.
Old 06-06-05, 12:01 AM   #8
madmarty
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to madmarty

Here you go.
http://www.netknots.com/html/fishing_knots.html
It's made my favorites. I tie the Non Slip Loop Knot to my poppers and sometimes crankbaits.
madmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 12:17 AM   #9
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

thanks alot...that was what i was lookin for.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.