Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-05, 11:23 AM   #1
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default Grape Culprit

Just got back in from fishing, was hungry lol

Started out early with the spook, nothing happening on it, was calm, more like dead out.. only thing biting was the flies.
Decided to flip a craw dude into some fallen timber, first cast get hung up in someones line , it ended up cutting my dude in half, so I open the top of my worm box and see a pack of grape Culprits, I hadn't used them in years,
put one one and made a few flips, started getting bite, nothing of any size but gave me some hope.
Kept throwing it and they sure liked the purple today, had a few more on a white painted Normans crank bait, I had painted a handful of crank baits years ago after reading about white in bassmastersmagazine.
This was first time it actually produced some fish.
About 8 went back to throwing the spook, had a couple blow up on it, had a couple more hit it and I got them in,
went back to throwing the grape worm and ended up with 7, the last two were about 2 pounders.
Saw a huge dead fish up under some moss, thought, man look at the size of that tail, some one probably deep hooked a bass n killed it, I took my rod tip under the tail and to my amazement was the biggest bluegill I had seen in years, about the size of both my hands together, deader than a mackerel,
had some flies biting me and was hungry for some bacon n eggs n taters, decided by 10 to come on in,
The wind never did start up, had a big TV chopper go over the pond couple of times, must have been covering a story on I-70, looked like it was hovering over that area.
This interesting that a 10 year old bag of worms that had all the oil on them and were soft, produced today.
I guess they wanted to see that auger tail working.
Had almost all my fish in 9 feet of water, none at all in the shallows, none that would hit under the canopy of moss, it looks like its dead or near dead.
Probably kick back until the chicago Nascar race today and loaf...Anyone else make it out this morn? 8)
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.