Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-05, 11:20 AM   #1
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52
Default Wow what a night riding!

went riding with a guy last night. he got to my house 6 o clock, got out the Atv's and took off. Went on this one incline that is really tough as soon as you go down, you need to lean forward and gas it or else your gonna flip er right on yourself. Then We took off down the creek, playing in the water. Then We went into a mud bog, probably 2 and 1/2 ft deep, The bottom of the machine was pretty mush gone, I was in four wheel drive, and was gunning it, I had rooster tail 12-15 ft high. I was going no where. Well, I was throwing all that mud on me, because sport quads have no fenders LOL. So i had mud caked on me. Then, back to the creek. Well, I hit a real deep spot, the back tires were floating, and the front ones were losing traction, Water was almost over the engine, I was lucky that it didnt get in the exhaust pipe. man it was fun, almost rolled 3 times, the other guy almost rolled his 1. Also, almost had my left ankle broke, I fell off the side, still holding the handle bars, my right leg, went on the seat, left leg on the ground with me hanging off, leg was going under the tire, until I jumped up on the seat, I felt the tire rubbing on my ankle. It was an awesome ride!
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-05, 12:25 PM   #2
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fastcat
Default Re: Wow what a night riding!

Sounds like you had a good time............ I went riding last weekend and got stuck in that little 2WD 350 I got (my dad wouldnt let me ride the 4WD 660) about 3 or 4 times...........
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-05, 01:42 PM   #3
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

i got 3 quads at my house. 2 are friends quads but i can ride em, Got a 500 Scrambler 4x4(this is mine) does 75, have a 500 4x4 artic cat, and a 660 prarie v twin.
Old 06-26-05, 01:46 PM   #4
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

We had an Artic Cat but we sold it cause it wouldnt run half the time........... Mine is the 350 Big Bear 2WD and my dads is the Grizzly 660 4WD.................. That grizzly will sling some damn mudd
Old 06-26-05, 01:55 PM   #5
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

the scrambler is a mud slinger, it is damn fast too. I can ride out a nice wheelie on it now also
Old 06-26-05, 01:58 PM   #6
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

Yeah the grizzly will do the same thing............. exept for the wheelie I cant do them and it only gets up to about 60-65 at the most
Old 06-26-05, 02:01 PM   #7
Mikey
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikey

You guys got me into i love 4 wheeling and dirtbikes it's pretty much my life i can do the longest stand up wheelies on 4 wheelers i swear when ever u guys think u can handle a pro like me just pm me j/p
frog
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-05, 02:03 PM   #8
Mikey
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikey

the grizzlys are heavy though when i go muddin i us emy friends sportsman 400 that thing floats i swear and has a crap load of torque
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-05, 02:04 PM   #9
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

You can say that again..........
Old 06-26-05, 02:08 PM   #10
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Dyas link=board=Tourneys;num=1119795638;start=0#5 date=06/26/05 at 12:58:06]Yeah the grizzly will do the same thing............. exept for the wheelie I cant do them and it only gets up to about 60-65 at the most[/quote]

i can do 70-75 on my scrambler
Old 06-26-05, 02:16 PM   #11
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie

[quote author=PowerBass link=board=Tourneys;num=1119795638;start=0#9 date=06/26/05 at 13:08:48]

i can do 70-75 on my scrambler[/quote]

I found that out about a week ago! ;D :
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 12:39 AM   #12
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=PowerBass link=board=Tourneys;num=1119795638;start=0#0 date=06/26/05 at 10:20:38]went riding with a guy last night. he got to my house 6 o clock, got out the Atv's and took off. Went on this one incline that is really tough as soon as you go down, you need to lean forward and gas it or else your gonna flip er right on yourself. Then We took off down the creek, playing in the water. Then We went into a mud bog, probably 2 and 1/2 ft deep, The bottom of the machine was pretty mush gone, I was in four wheel drive, and was gunning it, I had rooster tail 12-15 ft high. I was going no where. Well, I was throwing all that mud on me, because sport quads have no fenders LOL. So i had mud caked on me. Then, back to the creek. Well, I hit a real deep spot, the back tires were floating, and the front ones were losing traction, Water was almost over the engine, I was lucky that it didnt get in the exhaust pipe. man it was fun, almost rolled 3 times, the other guy almost rolled his 1. Also, almost had my left ankle broke, I fell off the side, still holding the handle bars, my right leg, went on the seat, left leg on the ground with me hanging off, leg was going under the tire, until I jumped up on the seat, I felt the tire rubbing on my ankle. It was an awesome ride![/quote]

You Know you're getting older, when you read this post and think these kids are insane Then think about how you did the same stuff at the unstoppable age

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 07:22 AM   #13
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

That night was nothing, normally I dont stop, but I was running low on sleep, and couldnt stay awake, if I would have had more sleep, I would have went all night on that scrambler, I think we hit 60 in a small field. I rode a wheelie probably 20 yards. It is easy stuff but fun

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.