Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-15-05, 02:55 AM   #1
dwmfishin
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to dwmfishin
Default Lucky Craft Live Pointer 95

Hey, i have one of these bad boys in...i think ghost minnow? Anyway, i just bought another in the clown color, too, but only for ten bucks. I just got excited... I searched high an low but didn't find a whole lot about the live pointers (the ones with the segmented tail) in the boards. How did they work out for you? Is there a certain way to fish them? i found this: 1. Lucky Craft Pointer 95sp(can't find Lucky Craft here anywhere)...i think lizards said that in a post in 2004. Lizards, did you have any luck with it? I dont have any other lucky craft lures, just the live pointers. Thanks comrades! ~discgolfer
dwmfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 08:34 AM   #2
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: Lucky Craft Live Pointer 95

[quote author=discgolfer link=board=news;num=1110866157;start=0#0 date=03/15/05 at 00:55:57]Hey, i have one of these bad boys in...i think ghost minnow? Anyway, i just bought another in the clown color, too, but only for ten bucks. I just got excited... I searched high an low but didn't find a whole lot about the live pointers (the ones with the segmented tail) in the boards. How did they work out for you? Is there a certain way to fish them? i found this: 1. Lucky Craft Pointer 95sp(can't find Lucky Craft here anywhere)...i think lizards said that in a post in 2004. Lizards, did you have any luck with it? I dont have any other lucky craft lures, just the live pointers. Thanks comrades! ~discgolfer [/quote]

Well once I can get out and use it I'll let you know. I did post also that I had it still in the box when I recieved Carolina Chip's cranks I ordered to compare, and Chip's won. Now I do like the look of the 95sp, and just saw some more yesterday at Dick's for $10 bucks also When I paid I think it was $17 late in 2004 for one at BPS in St Louis. I have heard no negatives about the bait, and do look forward to using it, along with all my other toys I've accumulated over this LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGG stinkin winter. Got up yesterday and the pond in my neighborhood was 3/4 frozen over AGAIN. It did thaw quickly after sunrise though. Anyway I believe zooker stated he liked the XRAP better but I can't be sure. I will say that it was voted best new lure in 2004 at the annual bait show, and I hope it lives up to it's name.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 10:36 AM   #3
zooker___________.
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zooker___________.

I bought two x-raps, wish they had a smaller size.
zooker___________. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 04:38 PM   #4
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

I know a guy who has a live pointer. I've seen him using it on numerous occasions. He say's that they aren't any good. Sorry, I guess thats why they were only 10 bucks.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 08:32 PM   #5
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i have one it does not move like you would think it would. they are ok to use for a jerk bait. yes i like the x-rap only i too wish they came in a shorter size.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 08:35 PM   #6
lil_bill_dance
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to lil_bill_dance

Pretty good Bait, but hard to throw when the wind blows because of the jointed body. I stick to the original Pointer 78.
lil_bill_dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-05, 01:02 AM   #7
dwmfishin
BassFishin.Com Member

okay, thanks guys. its kinda dissappointing though. Oh well. It will work okay im sure. thanks. ~discgolfer
Old 03-16-05, 11:05 PM   #8
CatfishHunter
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to CatfishHunter

Great Bait, they are best used as a jerkbait. I own several and fish with them mainly in the spring, I was out last weekend and used the Pointer and the Staysee 90 all day long, caught over 50 bass. I fish mainly smallmouth but they do work well on largies as well. I have found that if you work the bait too fast it does not work as well. Cast toward the bank or out on a flat and jerk it once or twice to get it down then pause (up to a minute or two) then use short jerks back to the boat pausing between (Looooooooooong pauses) Works well for me. Be ready though after a pause when you start to jerk again the fish will 9 times out of 10 hit then.
CatfishHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 03:59 AM   #9
dwmfishin
BassFishin.Com Member

OoOo! That was very helpful! and uplifting! thanks a lot! ~discgolfer

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.