Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-05, 07:53 PM   #1
basscatcher
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Louisianna

I'm heading to the southern part of Louisianna (not sure if spelling is right) and if anybody has fished there I could use a couple of tips for fishing around the cypress trees and stuff. Some top secret baits would be cool too!
Old 05-12-05, 08:29 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Louisianna

i have never fished down there, but here i tear them up with a pig n jig around the cypress trees. probally will have same success there. who knows. also, in the mournin, try a buzz bait around the cypess trees, and anytime try soft plastices. and dont forget the cranks and spinnerbaits.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 08:42 PM   #3
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

Cypress trees hold bass big time and Â*if you get to fish that pattern I would key in on the tree that stands out from the rest, maybe the one out in front of a group or something irregular. I say that because chances are you may find acres of cyress in the water and have to decide how to approach them.
The cypress tree has whats called the "Knees", which are part of the root structure underwater and usually about a few feet out from the tree. They form a ring of roots completely around the tree and underwater by only a foot or so
Instead of pitching any worm or tub or lure of your choice, try to picture that bass near the Knee area verses hanging tight to the tree trunk .
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 10:01 PM   #4
basscatcher
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

we've got a few cypress trees around here but they're all in small swamps and about the only thing we catch in there is warmouth. thanks for all the advice, it'll be put to good use.
Old 05-13-05, 11:59 AM   #5
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Lived in L.A. for appx. 7 yrs. Fished a lake called "Black Lake" up towards Shreveport. It is full of cypress trees. One of the best places that I found was a clump of trees away from the rest and the water was a little deeper than the rest of the lake. (8' ref. 7') There were about 10 of these trees grouped up in one spot and they seemed to hold some of the biggest bass around.
The humidity can be somewhat difficult to deal with (it's miserable in L.A. !) They seem to have two seasons, summer and winter, ain't no fall or spring. Did have a great time in L.A. though. Just don't ask them cajuns whats in the gumbo !
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.