Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-05, 09:07 PM   #1
Scott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Scott
Default No Luck Today???

I tried everything I had in my tackle box for bass, and no luck, I even tried live bait. I know this body of water has large fish in it but I only got a few hits? Anybody have any tips or suggestions for next time???
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-05, 09:12 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: No Luck Today???

uggghhhh.......more specifics. seems like this is a daily question for you. dont you take our advice all the other times you ask this question and we reply?? i cant begin to answer this question for you, i need details. but i will say a tiki dipstik just because it works everywhere. and a spinnerbait. hell, if you threw everything, maybe the bite was off.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-05, 09:39 PM   #3
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

I have a pond and watch the fish all the time, and am convienced sometimes they are so nuetral that they wont eat anything..sometimes its a waiting game for the fish to eat and hit the banks for maybe 20 minutes
Thats why when ya catch one on a slow day, try to get the most out of the next couple casts, they may be feeding..
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-05, 11:21 PM   #4
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

there are times when even the bass gods are skunked. remember, how effectively you catch fish depends on how effecient your setup/presentation is. Everything from the rod/reel, line, knot, lure, weather, color, speed, rattle, depth, oxegen levels, ph levels, cover, weather from the previous days, upcoming weather fronts, time of month, placement of moon, season, time of season, structure of lake, etc., all play a very vital role in fishing. Sometimes you just can't get all the variables in place to solve the equation, or to catch a fish. Sometimes you can't pick the right variables to NOT catch a fish, it just all depends. If you go home empty handed, it don't matter, there's always next time. The key to catching fish consistantly isn't what lures you used today, but remembering the conditions when you've caught fish before, and using that knowledge to your advantage. Eventually picking a lure, color, size, retrieve, and depth will come natural and you'll start putting fish in the boat. The more you fish, the easier it gets, you just have to fish a LOT for it to even start getting easier.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.