Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-05, 11:06 AM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Epsom Lake (Coal Pit)

Well yesterday I took Strap to the coal pit. He got to my house around 330am and got to the lake at about 515am. We immediately went to one of my favorite flats, to see if the topwater would work, and yes it did ;D He caught some on a white buzzbait, I had a couple of misses on a black buzzbait. I sitched over to a Black Jitterbug, and started catching some. We then started working along the shoreline, with weeds with some weightless plastics, and consistently caught them most of the day with this. I switched over to a Strikeking wht/chart spinnerbait periodically and caught probaly half a dozen on it through out the day. I also caught a few on a mojo rigged senko in Junebug. We both caught quite a few with Strap getting the honors of big bass for the day, which was around 2lbs. Everything was smaller. so I was looking for beds, but only found some bluegill nests, no bass nests. The biggest one I caught had a decent belly on her, and red tail, so perhaps they are just starting to work on the nests. I was thinking they possibly could have already spawned out, but saw no nests at all. The water temps were mostly 70 degrees with one section being 73 degrees(this is always the warmest part of the lake) Now much of the lake had poor visibility due to recent rains, but the clearer end had between 4-6 feet of visibilty. Anyway I enjoyed the fishing and company, and truly don't know how many we caught, but we did catch some fish. On the drive back I did say to him, we should've moved back off the weedlines, and fished deeper to go after some bigger fish, or really pitch and flip to specific areas for some bigger fish, but when you bring someone down to catch fish, and they are catching fish, it's hard to change up. Oh well no hawgs but plenty of bass.

Lizads
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.