Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-08, 06:30 PM   #1
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Lake Chesdin Tournament

Mike and I had our 2nd tournament of the year today. Lake Chesdin has been brutal for us in the past. Today was a decent day. We practiced a few hours yesterday and did NOTHING. We decided to go up lake and fish a big bay that we've seen once before. We pulled in (along with a bunch of other boats) and decided to fish a grass flat near the back. We had our limit by 8:00. Culled a fish at 8:24. We were stoked! We didn't catch another keeper fish until about 1:00 down lake. Our best 5 went 10.83 lbs. and was good enough for 12th place which was the last paying spot. 61 teams fished all together. We caught most of our fish on a spinnerbait and a Mann's Baby -1 crankbait. Caught another weigh fish on a 5" Yum Dinger and another on a Zoom Ultravibe speed craw. We saw some fish shallow on beds but could not get them to bite anything. They weren't really locked on yet.
Team that won had an awesome bag of 26+ lbs. Biggest fish went 7.14 lbs. I'm very satisfied with what we did based on our track record there. Next Saturday we have another tournament. This one is on the Chicahominy River. I'm looking forward to this one!!!
Old 04-19-08, 07:45 PM   #2
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Feeeeshin the Chick!!! Sweet. Sounds like you had a good day today too. Caught a limit, culled, and won a little $$$. That will move you up in the standings too. Well done.

LAPR tournament on Anna today was won with 25.31 lbs. A new lake tournament record for 5 fish. These fish were on beds. Took 13lbs to win a check. They also had 60+ boats in the tournament. I guess the $3.40 a gallon for gas isn't keeping anyone off the water.

I'll be on the Potomac next weekend.
Old 04-19-08, 08:21 PM   #3
InEccess
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess

Had a club tournament today myself. I came in second and won the lunker pot with a 1lb. 7oz smallmouth. Ohio lakes are TOUGH on us PA anglers. Caught my 2 keepers on a husky jerk.
Old 04-20-08, 07:58 AM   #4
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

InEccess,
I wonder why the fishing is so difficult in Ohio . I've always heard that one or two fish win tournaments. A friend of mine is from Ohio and he says there are lakes that are loaded with bass and then there are others that have very few fish.
How come you went to Ohio to fish? Is it because they shut down the bass fishing in PA in the spring? Is this to prevent over fishing? Or to protect the spawn? I just wonder if these rules are based on old data that pre-dates catch and release.
We had an imposed slot limit here on Anna for years and it didn't make any sense. Finally VAGF found no evidence for the slot limit that was imposed when someone questioned the rules. We were told that if someone had questioned the data earlier they would have lifted the slot years ago . There just wasn't any scientific data to back up the slot limits.
I know PA has some very good lakes with plenty of fish. I fished Shenango many times when I visited relatives. Very nice lake with plenty of bass. A lot of lake lice too (my cousins and their friends )

E - Sorry for the hijacking.
Old 04-20-08, 09:12 AM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

congrats bassaddict!!! they're on bed here, gonna give em 2 weeks till i go again.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.