Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-05, 04:27 PM   #1
Bladerunner
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bladerunner
Default fish attractants??

do these work at all?
after looking around at diffrent sites i came across 1 called MEGASTRIKE anyone here ever used it? or have any oppinons on it? ive tried those spray on type in the past and never had any luck with them, but this mega strike claims their product is superior to the spray on's cause it doesnt wash away. thought i would ask before i went and spent money on it
Bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 05:08 PM   #2
Scott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Scott
Default Re: fish attractants??

I've never had luck with any fish attractants either. I think that the worms or tube, etc. come with enough attractants. IMO
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 05:19 PM   #3
daveraynor
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to daveraynor

I use them some on certain baits in certain situations, I've had the best luck with Baitmate,Lunker Sauce, and Yum.
daveraynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 05:27 PM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Opinions will differ on this subject ??? Â* I personally use them because it can't hurt. Â*My feeling is that they will help the plastics/jigs/etc slide through and over things more easily. Â*And if they make the fish hold on only 1/1000th of a second longer, then it's a advantage I want.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 05:58 PM   #5
redneck13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to redneck13

I do use the YUM attractant.Don't know if it really works,but like my"lucky fishin' hat" it makes me feel like I'm improving my odds.
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 05:59 PM   #6
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i mainly use it to lubricate the lure while going thru heavy cover. also during the night if i fish i will use it to just add that extra scent to the lure so the bass will pick it up better. sometimes if nothing is working i will just add scent for kicks and giggles, but i dont always use it.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 06:05 PM   #7
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

[move]Megastrike is awesome[/move]

I won some of this stuff a few months ago and now i put it on everything. I nvr even considered scents to be worth even bringing on the boat. I just really like it......Easy to apply and it lasts for a long time......I mean it's not the answer to all problems , but it helps me boat a few more fish IMO.

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 06:38 PM   #8
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i have gone to fish formula using both garlic and shad. i put them mostly on spinner baits and plastic baits. not on a crank bait. yes they work..

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 06:44 PM   #9
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie

Berkley Powerbait Bass Attractant is the best!
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 06:45 PM   #10
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

I use scents on every bait that I fish. Smelly Jelly scent is super. I also like kick N bass , Yum, Bang, Crave nitro, Crave Gravy to name a few I remember thats in my boat. It should tell you I think they help, so I dunk or spray or both before fishing the bait. ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 06:57 PM   #11
Bladerunner
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bladerunner

thanks guys
those are the answers & advise i was looking for..
theres so many out there this def. helps in narrowing down my decision in which ones to try first
Bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 08:22 PM   #12
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Welcome to the forum, bigjim!

I use several. Kick'n Bass garlic, crawfish and anise shad. Carolina Lunker Sauce, Yum, and just started using Megastrike. They may or may not attract fish, but at least they will mask any scents the fish may not like, and I have more confidence when I use it.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 08:24 PM   #13
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i should have named the brand i use, it is kick n bass in crawfish. nastiest stuff i have ever smelled, it stays in the garage when i dont use it. but it works for bass, and thats all that counts.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 08:29 PM   #14
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

02, you got that right. It stinks but it sure works on a jig-n-pig ;D.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 08:33 PM   #15
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

We used to pack our own garlic and tons of salt to let our worms soak it in the night before a tournament back in the 80s...Then companies figured out ways to put scents in a bottle and for about 5 bucks you could carry it on the boat for a couple of reasons...one, it covered your own human scent, esp helpful if handing gas and most know you stop at the pump before ya hit the ramp.2nd, it left a nice slim scent on your lure that would make a oil slick spread on top of the water (sound familiar?).....anglers with top notch fibroglass bass boats soon discovered the one drawlback, the scent liquid stained your boat!
It actually would eat a tiny bit of the clear coat off the fibroglass..so for many years you would see guys putting the oil on the lure over the water, and also lots of rags to clean up, and of course on the first blast off those rags fly out lol
Berekely was one of the first to figure out a formula in the early 90's that has the scent in the plastic and many threw those bottles away..i looked downstairs this winter and found couple of bottles of craw scent that were at least 15 years old
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 08:40 PM   #16
Kevin_T
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Kevin_T

This is a scientific work I did...
Two years ago I have a little largemouth bass called "cuco", I caught it when it was just 2 inches long.
After a year or so "cuco" was 10 Inches and it ate everything, worms, guppies, koi fish, etc. One day I got a plastic worm without hook and placed it into the tank, 2 or 3 sec and cuco had hit in its mouth, I pulled the worm out and repeat the move. The second time cuco never strike the worm, in the third try I use a little bit of fish attractant (Barkley PowerBait Bass Attractant) put the worm back in the water, 4 sec and cuco strike it again...
After that day I try to always use some kind of fish attractant.
Kevin_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 11:40 PM   #17
madmarty
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to madmarty

Personally I don't think they attract bass. I do however believe they make a bass hang on longer. Therefore the only time I use attractants is when fishing soft plastics. Be sure to match the scent to what your trying to imitate.
madmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 11:47 PM   #18
james33
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to james33

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=news;num=1115926025;start=0#3 date=05/12/05 at 16:27:58]Opinions will differ on this subject ??? Â* I personally use them because it can't hurt. Â*My feeling is that they will help the plastics/jigs/etc slide through and over things more easily. Â*And if they make the fish hold on only 1/1000th of a second longer, then it's a advantage I want.

Lizards[/quote]
I absolutely couldnt said it better myself.

One more thing to add and you all can do some online research. People that have aquariums somtimes soak their fishfood in garlic juice to make finiky fish eat. Ther must be something to it
james33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 11:49 PM   #19
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie

Once again Berkley Powerbait Bass Attractant is the best!
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 11:56 PM   #20
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

megastrike,because i got it free,,bang garlic,because i picked it up at wally world for 25 cents a can,,,,or good ol'WD-40..just because.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 11:47 AM   #21
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Carolina Lunker Sauce. It ain't cheap as others, but it may be the best thing going on. Won't wash off and last longer than spray on's.
Never go with out it.
The crawfish smells like a used diaper, while the shad smells like a dead fish.
Fish hang on to the bait far times longer than with other brands.
Still use Bang, it leaves a scent trail, but will wash off. Bang will cover up the human odor on your hands, if for nothing else use spray formula for this alone.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 01:47 PM   #22
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

A cheaper way to go, and just as effective is just plain ol' PAM garlic scent cooking spray. Has nothing in it that will hurt your boat because it is vegetable oil and garlic oil. All natural, no chemicals.
The best part is that you can pilfer it out of the kitchen cupboard at home, instead of spending good "Bait Monkey" dollars out of your own pocket!!!

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.