Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-05, 11:04 PM   #1
Park
BassFishin.Com Member

Default tangling line

hey everyone, i have a quick question about my line. i have recently been having trouble with my line knoting up and tangling a whole lot. in the past month ive probally respooled 3 times, is this common? i would also like to know what would the best brand of line i usually use 10 pd tst.
Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 11:06 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: tangling line

thats mono for ya ;D seriously tho, somr brands alot worse then others on the twist and what not. i think it is called memory? not to sure. try cajun line. i have heard that it is a very good mono.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 11:07 PM   #3
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie

Well what kind of reel is it? If you put bigger test line then it can hold then you will get many birds nests. It should say on the reel how much pound test you can put on it.
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 11:19 PM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Sounds like you are having line twist problems. There are a couple of options to fix that problem. If you bave a boat, let the line trail behind it with nothing tied on while you are running. That will untwist it. The second option is to take your rod outside, open the bail/put it in free spool depending on the type reel, grab the end of the line with nothing tied on it and start walking. When you have pulled off 3-4 cast lengths or all of it if you want, reel it back on using your fingers to keep it tight on the reel. As you pull the line between your fingers it will untwist.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 01:20 AM   #5
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Reel Magic.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 07:48 AM   #6
mblk181
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mblk181

Whichever you use, with either Reel Magic or Armor All....pull out the line by walking....when ready to reel back on, soak a small rag with the solution and pinch it onto the line as you reel in.....much better than spraying as spraying soaks only a limited amount of line and you don't waste nearly as much in the overspray.
mblk181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.