Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-09, 03:25 PM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default Yo-Zuri Hyrbid Line

I've been talking with another guy from a local forum that swears by Yo Zuri Hybrid line. He claims his 6lb line has a 12lb breaking strength.

Anyone ever used this? Any comments or problems with it?

BB
Old 06-25-09, 03:38 PM   #2
Bassboss

Some guy on an other forum really like it too! I would have gotten it put on my new spinning reel... but I couldn't find it!
Old 06-25-09, 03:40 PM   #3
dave
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I use it almost exclusively. 12# has a break strength of 19.5#. Use the ultra soft for spinning reels.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 03:48 PM   #4
Bryan

There's something I've noticed about Yo Zuri lines. What they label as 6lb test is actually 10-12, in terms of both strength and diameter. That way people think their line is incredibly strong, when in fact, it's simply labeled it as a lower # test than what it actually is.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 04:11 PM   #5
nofearengineer

MAybe it's 6kg test.

Hey, if NASA can make a billion dollar units error, so can Yo-Zuri.
Old 06-25-09, 04:15 PM   #6
Raul
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yes sir indeed, it does break at a much higher rate than labeled, that´s what it makes it great for finesse applications, thin diameter and extremely strong and abrassion resistant.

Now if you want something even tuffer, try P-Line CXX, man, you uproot stumps with that thing and it doesn´t even cough.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 04:21 PM   #7
bcklash

yozuri is all I use.
Old 06-25-09, 05:03 PM   #8
bassboogieman

I use Yo-Zuri Hybrid for just about everything except a couple rods spooled with braid. It's the best all around line I've found yet. I like the Ultra Soft for spinning reels, for casting reels the regular Hybird is fine. It's actual breaking strength is about 30% greater than the stated line test. My color preference is green or smoke and the flurocarbon coating gives it similiar light refracting traits, while being more supple (especially the Ultra Soft) with better knot strength than pure flurocarbon. Yo-Zuri is reasonably priced and it's completely replaced mono for me.

As for the comment above - that Hybrid line has a larger diameter (and therefore greater strength) than mono - is BUNK. Comparison: The line diameter of Ande Premium Mono in 6# test is 0.010, and Yo-Zuri Hybrid in 6# test is exactly the same, 0.010. Information was obtained from their respective websites.

Sensitivity is superior to mono due to the low stretch of co-polymer line, and is similiar to pure F/c.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 06-25-09 at 08:38 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 05:09 PM   #9
BigBassin144

Thanks guys, what's the sensitivity like compared to Mono or FC? I'm assuming somewhere in the middle?

BB
Old 06-26-09, 08:07 AM   #10
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
There's something I've noticed about Yo Zuri lines. What they label as 6lb test is actually 10-12, in terms of both strength and diameter. That way people think their line is incredibly strong, when in fact, it's simply labeled it as a lower # test than what it actually is.
If you are thinking that the .010 gauge equates to 10 #test, you are mistaken. Gauge and test strength are two different measurements.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 08:44 AM   #11
Crank-Bait-Frank

I have used P-Line CXX for the last 5 years on my spinner rods and I'm a fan of copolymer line. I resently respooled one of my rods with the new CX copolymer, florocarbon coated line (at the suggestion from the owner of a local bait shop) and the sensitvity and strenghth is incredibale! And this line dosen't even know what memory is.
Old 06-26-09, 08:53 AM   #12
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
If you are thinking that the .010 gauge equates to 10 #test, you are mistaken. Gauge and test strength are two different measurements.
Very true.

Here a comparison to some other lines

test / diameter(inches) / breaking strength(only on Hybrid)

Yo-Zuri Hybrid
6 / .010 / 11.9
8 / .011 / 12.0
10 / .012 / 16.5

Sufix Elite Mono
6 / .010
8 / .011
10 / .012

Trilene Sensation
6 / .009
8 / .010
10 / .011

Trilene XL Mono
6 / .009
8 / .010
10 / .011

Seaguar InvisX
6 / .008
8 / .009
10 / .010

So it's about the same compared to other monos and copoly lines, but like other monos and copoly line, it's thicker than most fluorocarbons.

BB
Old 06-26-09, 10:40 AM   #13
Bryan

Hey guys, I'm aware of what Yo Zuri says the diameter of their line is. What it actually is differs quite a bit. If you can't tell by looking, check it with a micrometer and you'll see. I have a spool of "8lb" right now that is every bit as thick as my 12lb Pline.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 11:01 AM   #14
bigbasser

Send a message via ICQ to bigbasser
Thumbs up line

Go to ( www.tackletour.com ), they have done some reviews and comparisons on different lines. bigbasser
bigbasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.