Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-05, 11:23 AM   #1
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default Grape Culprit

Just got back in from fishing, was hungry lol

Started out early with the spook, nothing happening on it, was calm, more like dead out.. only thing biting was the flies.
Decided to flip a craw dude into some fallen timber, first cast get hung up in someones line , it ended up cutting my dude in half, so I open the top of my worm box and see a pack of grape Culprits, I hadn't used them in years,
put one one and made a few flips, started getting bite, nothing of any size but gave me some hope.
Kept throwing it and they sure liked the purple today, had a few more on a white painted Normans crank bait, I had painted a handful of crank baits years ago after reading about white in bassmastersmagazine.
This was first time it actually produced some fish.
About 8 went back to throwing the spook, had a couple blow up on it, had a couple more hit it and I got them in,
went back to throwing the grape worm and ended up with 7, the last two were about 2 pounders.
Saw a huge dead fish up under some moss, thought, man look at the size of that tail, some one probably deep hooked a bass n killed it, I took my rod tip under the tail and to my amazement was the biggest bluegill I had seen in years, about the size of both my hands together, deader than a mackerel,
had some flies biting me and was hungry for some bacon n eggs n taters, decided by 10 to come on in,
The wind never did start up, had a big TV chopper go over the pond couple of times, must have been covering a story on I-70, looked like it was hovering over that area.
This interesting that a 10 year old bag of worms that had all the oil on them and were soft, produced today.
I guess they wanted to see that auger tail working.
Had almost all my fish in 9 feet of water, none at all in the shallows, none that would hit under the canopy of moss, it looks like its dead or near dead.
Probably kick back until the chicago Nascar race today and loaf...Anyone else make it out this morn? 8)
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-05, 12:03 PM   #2
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Re: Grape Culprit

i wasnt gettin anything until my texas rig worm slip down and was balled up, then on the balled up worm they went crazy.
Old 07-10-05, 01:33 PM   #3
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl

Well JB,I just walked in the door from fishing this morning. My fishing buddy and I Sliped the canoe into one of the local lakes at 6 A.M. I had never fished this body of water from a boat.Years ago I lived next to it and fished it from the bank.We started with the "sammy" with no luck. I caught 4,non of any real size. 2 pounds being the largest.Got a big one to the ,but due to the fact it was swimming at me the whole time i was unable to get a good hook set. I caught one on a spinner bait,one on a flippin tube with a rattle stuffed in it,two on a rootbeer colored senko style bait .This all happened before 10 A.M.After that the bite stopped.

flippin4it
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-05, 02:04 PM   #4
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

flippin4it,

sounds like we had about the same type day,
They would bite, on a variety of baits, but no "hay day" like we have had the last couple of weeks around here
Still nice to get out tho and enjoy the sunny day.
Old 07-10-05, 02:06 PM   #5
FishinMommy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FishinMommy

I tried a new lake that is in a new subdivision this morning and there were little bitty bass I guess they just stocked it and I got three of those and a green sunfish that was bigger than the bass on a floating tiny floating minnow. It was pretty boring but I plan on going back to the lake in like 3 years when the bass have grown in there.
FishinMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-05, 02:23 PM   #6
plug
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to plug

Went to my grandads pond this morning for a couple hours. Ended up catching 12-15 bass all under two pounds. Mostly on a tiki stick, culprit texas rigged worm, and a tube.
plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-05, 06:30 PM   #7
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i caught 11 before 9 am in red mud. thick with floating trees/logs. 1 around 7 and a real fat toad pulling the scales to nearly 8 pounds. one on a spinnerbait and the big one on a pumkin baby bush hog. every one in at least 10 feet of water on the outside dock suports.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-05, 06:39 PM   #8
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

man u had a great day, up hear that would be on the 11 oclock news
Old 07-10-05, 06:39 PM   #9
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman

I just caught a 2 to 3 pounder about an hour ago! It was awesome, I threw my worm in the water and as soon as it hit this big V-Wake bee lined from the lilies! And I thought Oh lord im not ready for whatevers making such a big wake! And it hit it hard put up a little fight and got him in! Now im really hooked at bassing! ;D
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-05, 06:46 PM   #10
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

go buy ya some scales, the spring type are cheap and will give you an idea of what they really weigh

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.