Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-05, 05:09 PM   #1
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Best Reel I have Ever tried

Well, I didn't go out yesterday due to my boy having a ball game, so I went out today instead. Â*

My buddy was showing me this new baitcaster that he got for Christmas, and he was casting so good with it that I had to try it. Â*It was a Shimano Curado and I fell in love with it. Â*I own a couple of Quantums and this thing beats them by a long shot. Â*I was making casts with it that I have never been able to do with my Quantums and I didn't even backlash once. Â*I couldn't believe how smooth the line came off when casting.

You can bet your bottom dollar that I will be getting me a couple of these in the near future.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-05, 05:20 PM   #2
boisebassin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Re: Best Reel I have Ever tried

Yep.....they are one really nice reel....I own 4 of them ;D
boisebassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-05, 10:40 PM   #3
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

My friends got a curado, I don't think its worth the money. There are better shimano reels than the curado, $120, for less money (coriolis, $80) but I'll take my BPS Extreme, $80, any day.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-05, 11:03 PM   #4
fishwitch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fishwitch

i use a shimano almost exclusivly now becuase i redfish and spec fish and i like to be able to take my same reels i bass fish with out on the big salt the curada i use for runnin baits they do pretty good even out on the flats were it gets prett windy ive started usin spin casts lately too and ive fell in love with the shimano Sahara castin live bait and a popin cork it kicks *** and ive cuaght 20+ lbs redfish on it with 12lb line with an all star medium rod
i also used to be a quantum but most of theyre reels dont do well in saltwater i find they tend to get rough even when well cleaned and oiled
SHIMANO IS AWSOME FOR ANY THING!
fishwitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.